Chapter-36

Leon POV

"Mom it's getting late!" I call  out slipping into my fur coat as I my phone tinged notifying that the cab has arrived already.

Just as I was about to call her once more mom walked towards me "Let's go."

Locking the door, we exited the building premises, getting into the cab.

"It's too cold, isn't it?" I hear mom sayin for which I nod as I thought to myself how much my girl would enjoy this weather.

It has been four days now since her exams started and as I did not want to disturb her, I did not call or text her often. However she was too sweet and considerate to just let me be. So she made sure to text me and keep me updated even though she felt too drained to do so, proving me again and again how lucky I am to have her in my life as my lover. My girlfriend. I could never be tired of gushing over that fact. Never.

"They better not disappoint the audience this time." I nod at her statement.

"Last time was such a disaster right mom? How could they just cut the show in middle of the play and wrap it up like that?" I voice out. Last year the play was stopped abruptly and after that there was no explanation or reasoning given for that. And honestly we all thought there won't be anymore shadow plays, especially next year itself. But there was a surprise event arranged and announced just two days ago.

It was arranged as a complementary show to make up for the last year's unfortunate event. Of course they would. It was an authentic Japanese shadow plays with hand made puppets used in it. It had high demand in foreign countries a sit would be hosted once every year during february.

And mom was a die-hard fan of it. A long time fan actually. 

So when she heard the news of the complementary show, she was naturally excited and wanted to go. Usually every year she would go with her friends and would take me with her some times as a tag along like last year but wanting to build a strong bonding between us this time she denied all their invitations and asked only me to accompany her and I was more than glad to do so.

After about twenty-five minutes of ride we reached the huge arena for the show and it was late evening the weather was getting colder by the minute but that did not stop the hundreds of people pooling the place ,showing how much the show was adored by the people.

"Woah they have arranged it so beautifully. They really have gone all in this time. If the show also turns out to be a hit, then the last year's event would be forgotten like it never existed at all."  commented as we walked towards her booked seats.

"Definitely." The whole place was designed in a ocean theme giving us a hint about what might the show be based upon.

Different shades of blues and whites littered the places and every decoration pieces were finely detailed, as I tried clicking some aesthetic pictures for myself and also to send Lia. She would love it. I just know this would be something she would have enjoyed thoroughly if she were here and that had me making a mental note to take her to this event coming year.

"Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. Good evening to all.  Firstly to begin with we truly apologize from our whole JSP team for the last year's abruptly closed event and for not addressing it sooner." The group of about thirty people dressed in traditional Japanese attires stood in middle of the stage as they all bowed down together for a whole minute without even shaking a limb showing us their sincerity.

And finally they rose together as the main host of the group continued talking in his microphone.

"We are still not able to discuss the reason behind our unprofessional take last year but we would like to let you know it was because of a very private reason of our CEO that we had to close the show and leave abruptly." When he said that I wondered what exactly might have happened for them to keep it so private? But nevertheless there're companies who do not reveal certain thing irrespective of the circumstances. That's when they find the alternatives to fix the issue.