Chapter-44

Third Person's POV

"Aren't you a little fucker? Going around sleeping with your guy friends. So awful." Her voice resonated in the fragile girl's ears.

"No.I don't. I am not a fucker. I don't do that. No. I am a good person. Stop talking like that. Stop it. Please." Her strong voice grew weaker and weaker with every word.

"A slut. You Lia pearl are a slut." Lia flinched harshly at those words.

"Having affair with two guys at the same time and on top of that you want other girl's boyfriends too? How cheap can you be. No wonder you have failed in your senior year. Well deserved." The girl was up against her face as Lia was pressed into the wall while everybody else just watched as the girl got harassed by her own 'name sake best friend'.

All the assaults and insults got the sensitive girl worked up as her mind went blank and her body worked on it's own accord. It all happened so swiftly that even before she could process it a harsh slap was planted against the girl's cheek.

Lia had subconsciously slapped the girl in front of her as all her false accusations triggered her anger. Before she could apologize,she was being pushed against the lockers next to her head as hits after hits were being made.

Lia covered her face in defence as she tried protecting herself against the hits and finally managed to push the girl away from her body but as she tried to walk away her leg was tucked back making her trip on her feet and fall down, hurting her knee.

Hundreds of students were surrounding them yet none. Not even a single one had come up to support her, with a silent sob breaking through her throat she tried standing which was difficult as her knees had got a tight jab because of the hard fall.

Just as the girl behind her was about to push her down, two pairs of hands shielded her body while a strong voice boomed in the college corridor.

"Get away from Lia. Right this instance. Or else you will regret that you ever came to college today Harleen."

The whole corridor was cleared in moments as all the students scurried away abruptly.

"Shh Li. We are here. Shh." Sakura and Sylvia wrapped their arms around Lia as her body shook with waves and waves of tremors and sobs.

Lia clutched her hands around their arms trying to hold her breath as her mind clouded and clouded before her body gave out, falling into Cyrus arms.

End of flashback

Ever since the psychology student has been dealing with panick attacks and social anxiety.

Her brain had stroked into such a depression that she even found taking her own life was useless and let the demons which were created inside her mind to eat away at her soul.

Since childhood Lia knew only one thing. Pain.

Her father who ran away, her mother who was broken and their financial situation which was worst to the point that at one point Lia's mother had considered being a prostitute.

By God's grace one of her friends had held her hand and her mother had coped up with the financial hurdles by taking up multiple jobs before settling into her current medical job.

All Lia remembered from her childhood was shattered objects on the house floor and loud arguments of her parents.

And hands that preyed her body even before she was ten but to her luck or unluck Lia barely remembered any details vividly which she somehow found comfort in.