Chapter-5

Third Person POV

"Amy stop!" A giggling little girl, wearing blue floral frock stuck her tongue out at a not very pleased Lia and continued running around in the park.

Lia sighed as she continued following the girl around. Today as the golden shreds of sun spread over the brim of blooming evening sky Amy had barged into her room when she was working on a research report for her psychology class sitting on the floor and plopped down on her lap with a pout on her five years old face.

"What's wrong Amy? Why is my babygirl pouting?" Lia questioned hugging the little girl in her lap who was now facing her. "I miss you." Came out a little whisper with adorable puppy eyes looking up at her.
"You did not come to see me for so long and you missed out on so many of our outings." Complained the little one now crossing her arms, accusing eyes gazing at Lia. "I am so sorry Amy. I got quite busy with works." Lia whispered holding her own ears which was totally adorable in Amy's eyes. She held lia's hands pulling it down "It's okay. I understand. I just missed you a lot." She said extending her arms out to show how much she missed her.

Lia chuckled at her action as she pecked Amy's cheek."Let's make it up to my babygirl. Let's go to park,then get something to fill your tummy and have a little walk back to home." She said as she tickled the little girl on her lap who was giggling now. "How does that sound Amy? Shall we go?" "Yes!" Came an enthusiastic reply as Amy already stood up. "Okay then let's inform your father and we will get going."

And that is how Lia ended up running after a overly enthusiastic Amy who just seemed to not bother to help her situation and continued playing around teasingly. Finally they reached a little playground where other kids were playing and Lia sat down on a nearby bench catching her breath. Nonetheless,she had a smile on her lips looking at Amy having fun with her friends.

Ameralda Josan was the daughter of her neighbour who was a single parent. They had lost her mother two years ago before moving from New York. Lia heard the girl crying loud when her father had come to leave her under their stay due to some emergency call from work as Lia's mom was very good friends with him. She forced herself out of the dark room for the first time in a week to meet the little girl.

It was an endearing moment to Lia's mother as she saw her girl scooping up the little girl in her arms and calming her down with soothing words as a small smile made it's way on both of their lips. Seeing Lia smile gave a gentle tug to Jena's heart who saw her daughter constantly locking herself up in the room and letting the darkness eat her away.

"Lia come play with me!" Amy pulled her onto the playground. After playing for about a good one hour they made their way to a nearby convenience store buying some crisps before getting back home.

Lia entered her living room after dropping Amy to her home who gave her a tight hug by wrapping her little arms around her waist and made her kneel down to press a sweet kiss on Lia's cheek before going in.She sat down on the couch resting her head back on the headrest.

Lia's POV

Silence surrounded me as I was the only one at the home today. Mom had gone to drop off grandmother and uncle to their place,she might stay over as it was already getting quite late and it was not safe to drive a car due to the slippery roads because of the constant rain showers during night times.

I quickly pulled out my phone dropping a text to mom saying her to stay over and to come back safely tomorrow morning. I checked for any notifications from the one who was driving me crazy but to no avail. I sighed dropping my phone down on the couch resuming back to my previous position.

It has been three full months since we started talking and to say that we have become close would be an understatement. So many things have changed since then.We have broken so many boundaries,we have crossed multiple lines that were supposed to stay between friends. I am pretty sure we are no longer on the friendship terms,we are more than friends. Even a stranger would be able to say that just with a glance at our chat.