Chapter-4

Leona's POV

I entered the cafeteria with a small smile that just seems to not vanish since last four days. I got my usual:black coffee and french fries making my way towards my friends sitting in the last corner. I made myself comfortable sitting on one of the chairs around the table taking my drink in hand unaware of the observant gazes of my friends. I was startled for a moment looking up at all the four pairs of tentative eyes on me making me raise my brow at them questioningly.

"You are smiling." Andie said in disbelief. I just shrugged, continuing to drink my coffee. "That is an 'utterly- helplessly-fascinated-by-you' smile!" George commented ,I simply just giggled at his outburst. Gasps erupted from all four of them. "Stop being dramatic guys." I said as I filled my mouth with the french fries,a satisfying hum leaving my lips at the taste.

"Now tell me who is he?" Curiosity was clearly evident in Khloe's voice as she placed her face on the heels of her palms propping her elbows on the table. All I could remember was a cat looking at her. And I definitely did not miss the pronoun she had used 'he'. I have never even spoken about any guy let alone a girl for that matter. So will they understand my perspective. I know there is nothing romantic about us.Yet, something seems to be holding me back.

Maybe I should just tell them,they are the only people I adore out of my family members,they deserve to know.If they do not understand, I will try explaining them.And if they fail to understand even after that,then I will just accept it because not everyone will be able to understand everything and it is okay.

"It is actually 'she'." I started, biting my lips to observe their shocked yet non judgemental expressions and continued with relief. "Her name is Lia Pearl.Met her on pinterest like four days ago." A smile already adorning my face as I spoke about her. I gave the required details before they could bombard me with questions. Seemingly as they all needed some time to process the information, I settled back eating my food.

"Her name sounds so pretty." Easton said with a smile, continuing to eat his burger, "She must be a really nice person for making you smile like that." Andie added on. "As long as you are happy,we all are happy too Leon" Khloe said draping her arms around my shoulder and George enthusiastically nodded his head in aggreement. No amount of words could be enough to express my gratitude for having them as my friends.

"It is okay to love girls too Leon,we would not judge you." George interrupted my thought process as I quickly dismissed his words saying there was nothing romantic going on between us and they all just smirked at me mockingly. And that lead to all of us bickering with each other before moving to our classes.

I wanted to get back to the house as early as possible but somehow today, the road seems to be never ending. Her words,her shyness when I say something a little too suggestive,her silence when she is contemplating what to text next,her thoughts,her way of expressing her feelings, literally everything about her has got me hooked. I honestly am not aware if it is the connection I feel with her or is it the way she texts but something had made it so easier for me to feel her right through her texts even though it's only been few days.

There was not a single moment in these past four days that I have spent without thinking about her;either I am thinking about her or chatting with her.

I rushed straight to my bedroom,greeting mom and brothers on my way. After changing into my daily wear, I grabbed my laptop, opening the app and instantly clicking on her chat filled with multiple unread texts from her that were sent during my school time. I typed away, replying to every single one of them. I have been on social media for quite awhile now but nobody has made me feel this way,none have made me smile this way,none have demanded my attention quite the way she does.Even without her own knowledge,she has gotten me completely attached to her.