Chapter-22

Lia's teeth clattered in the early morning atmosphere of snowy November. Throwing out the last bag of trash into the public bin around the corner of the road, Lia pulled the woolen long coat tighter, her warm boots cladded legs strode back towards her friend's apartment.

Quickly closing the door behind, after a whiff of chill breeze hit her face, the brunette girl slowly got rid of the heavy coat, boots and gloves hugging her body by the door before getting into a jacket to wear inside the house and let the pair of white bunny socks to stay on.

Just as she was half way through cooking the morning breakfast for all the three girls including herself, a pair of footsteps padded towards the kitchen area.

"The whole damn apartment is spotless! You really cleaned it all out on your own Lia?" The aforementioned girl heard Rena speak in utter disbelief as the other now leaned against the kitchen counter where Lia was cutting the vegetables for the salad.

A smile and a little nod was all she offered continuing to focus on the vegetables being boiled now.

"Damn! You superwoman girl!" That had Lia laughing as her face scrunched showing her slightly protruding teeth out of the mouth from the side.

"It was nothing really. And considering I was not doing much laying around wide awake all night, thought to make some better use of myself." Saying that Lia took out a bowl to filter out the water and separate the boiled veggies.

"I am sorry, we both fell asleep leaving you all by yourself." Lia turned towards the girl hearing her voice falling with guilt.

"No, it's okay Rena. I am just glad that we all were able to have so much of fun last night." Lia reassured with a gentle smile as she started seasoning the vegetables.

"No wonder Mel is wrapped around your little finger. That girl never gets close to anyone even if she were to die." Rena chimed bewildered by the other's kindness for which the girl got shy but agreed to the last sentence nonetheless by nodding her head.

"And who knew you would handle alcohol so well? I mean,girl, I remember how I had lost it with just one bottle of beer the first time I tried drinking." Rena let out loudly, probably loud enough to wake the other girl up because the next thing they knew a sleepy girl with her hair,messed up in bushe walked into the kitchen rubbing her temples.

"Good morning hung over ass!" The purple haired chirped for which a middle finger was shown as the other wrapped herself around the back of the early bird for the day.

"Head,aches." Her muffled voice was heard.

"Pain killers are on the bed side table. Wait let me get you. Lazy wit! Lia had not only cleaned the damn house but also had arranged for pain killers and now has been preparing breakfast for all of us." Rena's voice went distant as she retrieved the kitchen while speaking on her way.

Hearing that, Melissa turned around wincing at the pain shooting from behind her head and took a quick glance over her living room from the little window space that was created enough for the living room to be visible from the closed kitchen.

Seeing that in fact the other had cleaned the huge apartment all by herself, Melissa squeezed her in a tight back hug.

"You did not sleep all night. Did you?" She asked tenderly unable to speak any louder due to the hang over.

Lia smiled which was not visible to the other and continued to prepare some scrambled eggs.

"You take the painkillers. It would be great if you both finsih your morning ministries soon,so that you both can enjoy my not very amazing cooking skills." Lia chuckled changing the topic.