Chapter-27

Lia was half way through the road when she felt someone walking behind her.

Turning around she saw Zane walking down the road and waved at her as she waved back before he caught up to her.

"I thought you were going to meet your friend?" He questioned removing the ear buds to put them in the small black bag slinging on his shoulder.

"Got to know that it's going to take atleast an hour for her to finsih up so thought of visiting the resto bar Garcia suggested." Lia shurgged as they continued to walk in the same direction towards the said bar.

"Can I join you?" Lia thought for a moment before nodding her head.

"Sure. Company is much better than lurking around a bar alone anyway." She laughed, hugging herself because of the cold weather as she enjoyed the feeling of peacefulness surrounding her which would be replaced with buzzling noise in a while.

"Chill. It's a resto bar, need not necessarily go for drinking and stuffs." Zane spook in a casual tone, pulling his bag for which the other hummed.

They entered the place, taking a seat.

"I am gonna get a glass of Pero. What do you want Zane?" Lia spoke looking at the menu as the other was broke out of his lost gaze over the girl.

"I haven't checked the menu yet." Hearing that Lia pushed the menu in his direction suggesting "They also have Chinese cuisines, in case if you wanna finsip up dinner before going home."

"Not home exactly." Zane said, picking up a plate of chow mein.

"What do you mean by that?" She questioned resting her face in the heel of her palms once they had placed the order.

"I actually live alone in a small apartment arranged by Jade in a nearby place. So grateful for him really." He spoke in such an unwavering tone that Lia could only imagine how used he must have been to the feeling of not being home.

Not knowing if she should ask about his parents or not, Lia fiddled with her fingers which caught the other's attention.

"Wanna ask something?" Lia sighed grateful for the other's observation skills.

"What about your parents? Only if you are comfortable." She added swiftly not wanting to make the other feel pushed into it.

"It's fine. I got into a fight with them few months ago and had to leave the place to pursue what I like." The pained expression fleeting through his features was an enough message for the girl to understand that this incident had affected him a lot more than he let on.

"Becoming a body piercing artist?" The long haired boy nodded his head at the question before adding,

"Tatoo artist too." For which Lia mouthed a 'wow' making the boy chuckle.

Just as he was about to ask something, they received their orders.

"If I knew it was going to look and smell like that, we would have two of it right now." Lia spoke, pointing a finger at the dish as she nodded her head up and down before grabbing her pero.

"You can still have it. I believe this bowl is filled with food enough to fill two stomachs." He offered, taking a spoon and a fork, handing it to the other before asking a waiter around for another set.

"You didn't even let me say if I was ok or not." She complained nonetheless digging into the food already.

Food is everything.

"You were gonna say no anyway but I know you really want to eat it. So I made it easier for both for us." He spoke in a matter of fact manner before digging into his side.