Chapter-14

Third Person POV

Leona's mother pulled up in front of the florance residence which was two stories mansion owned by the family. Her father was taken inside the building with the help of a wheel chair and was settled on the bed in one of the guest bedrooms downstairs.

It had been two weeks since Mr.Florance was admitted in the hospital.

Leona's father had woken up a day later after her mother had fainted in the hallway of the hospital. The girl being overflowed with heavy guilt of leaving her mother alone had stuck to her side ever since.

In these two weeks she gathered enough courage to just catch a glimpse of her father's sleeping figure after he had woken up and doctors had said he would be completely alright within few months.

Sitting next to his chair, staring at his relaxed features. Very thin wrinkles covered around his eyes and ran across his forehead that would probably not even be visible from quite afar. She had hesitantly put her hand over his,that was laying on his stomach before retracting and leaving the room instantly.

That is it. That is the only time she spent some time with him during all the days at the hospital.

Now she was preparing some refreshing drinks for both of her parents as it was uneasily warm considering it was late noon that they had reached the house.

She entered the room with a tray which held two glasses of lemon juice seeing her mother setting the duvet over her father who raised his head towards her direction due to the knocks on the door.

Noticing her father was smiling at her,she tried to give him a soft one in return;proceeding to settle the tray on the night stand next to the bed as her mother now sat on the edge of the bed watching her daughter helping her dad to sit up against the bed frame.

She handed them both the glasses and heard them both thanking her.

Her eyes going slightly wide at that before she nodded and exited the room saying that she had to pick up the boys from the school. It was all still new to Leona as she has never seen her father being this way. Even though her mother sometimes lets her down,she has always been caring and affectionate towards her as much as possible. But it was her father's behaviour that she is finding difficult to processs.Soft, gentle and grateful. Not only towards her but also towards her mother.

Instead of dwelling too much into it and ruining the warmth of the moment,she just smiled to herself at the loving nature that her father is letting to shine towards his family ever since he had woken up.

She hit the road towards the school. Since her father had gotten admitted to the hospital and her mother became extremely weak,she had taken up the complete responsibility of the house chores and looking after the boys. Dropping and picking them up. Packing lunch for them, as well as for her parents in the hospital.

Somedays she even juggled between staying the nights at the hospital, sending her mother home to rest and would come back early to prepare everything and leave to hospital along with her mom.

The boys greeted her before getting in the backseat of the car. Florance brothers were happy knowing that their father had come back home and was getting better. They filled in Lia about how their day went and whined for her to make them some brownies for the evening because "It is time for celebration!" in their words although Leona knew very well it was just a reason for them to eat some desserts. She snickered saying they would not get any brownies leading all three to bicker until they reach the house.

Leona entered in after parking the car in the basement noting that her brothers had rushed into their room and her parents were probably resting she made her way to her room before grabbing a cool drink from the fridge.