Chapter-8

Third Person POV

The air was filled with thickening cover of condemning silence as Lia and her father sat around the dinning table situated opposite to the open kitchen.

Lia was adamant about her father leaving yet the man was persistent of not wanting to leave and wanted to have a talk with her at any cost. And she just could not let the man stand by the door,solely out of humanity. Her mother raised her to be a respectful and responsible girl not a disrespectful little punk.

So she had invited her father inside with as much as politeness she could gather. To say the situation was way too awkward and suffocating would be a bit of an understatement. They both would suddenly lock eyes and look away,clearing their throats. Neither of them knew how to break the silence which was getting heavier as each second passed by.

Somehow she forced herself to talk and right as she was about to open her mouth,her father bet her to it. "I am really very sorry for leaving you both." Her body stiffened at those words. "I cannot apologise enough for abandoning you both,my family;when we were already in such a miserable situation." Her eyes raked over her father's figure who was hanging his head low,hands clasped on his lap and she could see little stains on his pant. Just as he looked up,she turned her head away.

"I am well aware that I do not deserve your's or your mother's forgiveness Lia. But all am left with is you and your mother now. No wealth I earned,no people I met,no achievements I made makes sense without you both. Nothing feels satisfying nor gives me any sort of happiness." Tears streamed down the elder man's face as he bit his lip to control the sobs that were ripping at his throat to break free.

Genuinely,Lia felt pity about her father's situation.She felt bad for the life he is living which sounded so scarily empty. But it was not enough for her to hold his hand and welcome him back into her's or her mother's life.The amount of pain and humiliation her mother had to face because of his actions,the agonizing weight of the society that she had to carry just because her so-called husband, the man who gave her a child,the man who was supposed to be responsible enough to hold her in his arms was exhausted looking after her. Whose own selfishness outweighed the love and care of a family. Who left them with a pathetic excuse of wanting a much better life, discarding them as if they were nothing but a mere baggage.

"What do you want now?" She tried her best to not snap at him right out. No matter what,he was a loving father for whatever the amount of time he spent with them. He was a father who would support her with everything,encourage her no matter what and had an unconditional love towards his daughter. Never raised his voice nor his hand. Always respectful,soft and sweet. All those sweet memories made her heart hurt so painfully. She tried thinking, searching for any reason or any incident that made him leave them. She still would not understand where everything went so wrong. They were a happy little family,now only in memories.

"You both. I want my family back. I need my daughter,my wife. I want us to be together and rebuild our home. I want you both to be with me,I will make sure to not let you both down. I promise to take care of you both,take care of us. Just please give me another chance. I would not disappoint you." At those last few words she stood up abruptly startling her father who also stood up now. Million thoughts raced through her mind,not even one of them urged her to give whatever her father was asking for.

"You were given another chance dad and what did you do with it? Nothing again;just as the first time. If anything, you just destroyed us even more. You ruined my mom's life all over again. Somehow she is living now way more peacefully,I do not want anybody to ruin that for her. But again,I cannot make decisions on her behalf. It's mother's choice and I will respect whatever it is although I would feel more happy if that decision does not involve you." She spoke calmly making sure every word reached her father's ear as they now stood facing each other next to the dining table.