Chapter-10

Lia's POV

I rushed to the posh looking cofee table gleaming in all it's wooden glory set by the huge tree in our backyard while dusting my muddy hands on the towel wrapped around my waist.

Seeing the caller ID I swiftly pressed the phone to my ear after answering, being careful to not stain the plain lilac phone case that I changed from black case just a week ago. "Hello Madam Morris." Sheer excitement and nervousness bubbling through my voice was not a thing to miss afterall;as I heard the restaurant manager's rumbling voice through the phone.

"Hello Ms. Pearl. How are you doing today?" Her tone soft and actual notion of wanting to hear about me bloomed through Mrs. Morris voice.

"Very well ma'am. Thank you. How are you feeling today?" I could not help but let a smile wrap around my lips. "Oh! All good dear. Your application has been considered and you are given the liberty to join anyday within next five days."

Hearing that I twirled around in enthusiasm, throwing little fist bumps in the air and almost knocking into the chairs set around the table. I cleared my throat steadying myself on my foot as I tried to conceal my happiness "Thank you so much ma'am. I will drop in a mail before reporting to the work."

"That would be very helpful and you will be receiving your offer letter soon Ms. Pearl. Have a good evening ahead!" And just like that I wished her the same before the call ended.

I cannot believe I did this. I cannot wait to share this news with mother and Leona. I hope they will be happy with it as much as I am.

Before I walked into the home I cleaned up the last remainants of the mess that was created in the process of planting fresh new daisies in the garden.

I hopped on to my bed following a quick warm shower in this chilly evening as I typed in a simple text which was enough for my phone to start ringing within less than half an hour.

"Hello darling." I could call her darling every single moment of my lifetime and I would still feel the scarcity of it deep in my core.

"Hey! You got a job? When? Where? All of a sudden?" A soft chuckle tumbled past my lips at that adorable outburst of questions. "Yes and it's just a part-time job."

"More details." She sounded so distant with her voice being neutral. She sounded not so excited about the news and that made me anxious somehow.

"It's a nearby restaurant. Actual post is receptionist but I could take up extra tasks if I have more time on my hands. They actually pay very well and I would get extra pay if I take up additional tasks." Not a sound from her even though it's been a minute since I finished talking. I looked down weaving through my silk floral skirt waiting for her to say something

"Why a job all of a sudden Lia? I am so proud of you love. I am very happy for you,I really am. It's just that I know what happens to you if you get into stressful situations and handling a job whether it's a full time or not,along with your studies sounds a lot. I do not want you to get into something and suffer." I felt a sense of comfort oozing through me hearing her say all that. All the uneasiness, anxiousness instantly gone.

"I do agree with everything you say and I have thought through this. I understand my body and the capacity at which I can work currently. I have kept all the aspects and have chosen this job baby. I will be okay. I need to get independent again Leona,I cannot lean on mom for everything anymore." I answered truthfully. Ofcourse I needed the money but not at the cost of my health.