Chapter-7

Third Person POV

The girl turned around lying on her side pulling the duvet up to her chin. She let out a sigh looking at the clock striking two'o clock in the midnight. Closing her eyes she forced herself to get some sleep but to no avail she just layed there staring at the scenery outside her bedroom window. Lia wished she could atleast find enough energy to do the only thing that would relax her. But she was unable to even move a muscle without feeling tired let alone dance. The incident from earlier,draining her out completely which now kept on replaying in her mind.

Today after a really long while Lia had a panick attack during her college hours because of which she had to lock herself up in one of the washrooms untill she gathered herself and slowly made her way to home skipping her classes, feeling weak and tired. She was as usual calmly going through with the day when she saw a very furious girl lashing out at another girl, cornering her against the locker who just quivered against the lash outs.

Almost like under a trance she made her way towards the girls and stepped right in between them and stared down at the lashing girl who seemed to be taken aback by a stranger coming in between."Step out" the girl ordered but Lia ignored her,looking behind at the girl. "Are you okay?" She asked voice soft. The girl merely nodded, looking the other way. Lia raised an eyebrow at that, finding it odd for someone who was shaken up awhile ago to respond like that but dismissed the thought and turned around.

"Are you dumb?" The lashing out girl was furious to hear the question directed towards her. "How dare you!" She raised her voice stepping forward,most probably expecting Lia to step back but quite the opposite happened. Lia stepped closer almost touching the girl's nose with her own."I do not think smart people would be lashing around at others in such an ungraceful way within the college premises. I could take this to the head of the department maybe even to the principal who knows." Lia said with a very calm voice shrugging her shoulders, a clear challenge in her eyes as she held an eye contact with the other girl.

Lia sighed looking at the girl who was now staring daggers at the girl behind her. She did not know what was the situation between them but the girl seems defenceless and to lash out at such people was so wrong and borderline pointless. She read the girl's name in the ID that hung around her neck. "Look Melissa,I do understand there might be a reason for you to be behaving in such a way so openly" The girl turned her attention towards Lia with a softened expression which went into a scowl right away at her next words "and if there is no reason you are just a crazy person I must say" Lia said with a silly smile.

"So if you really need to resolve whatever this is, please be mature and handle it in a more better way maybe. I am no one to advise you,I get it but behaving this way would just do more harm than good to you. I hope you are getting my point." Lia said expectantly and felt relieved when there was a slight nod from the girl. Melissa then looked at the other girl " You realize that you deserved to be lashed at right?But what she..?" Melissa turned towards her questioningly "Lia Pearl" and she continued"But what Lia said was right and I do not want to stoop so low by behaving this way. But I hope you do come around for a very much needed talk Rose." She finished and walked away thanking Lia.

"Thank you " She heard the girl, apparently named Rose saying gruffly from behind before she too walked away. Lia let out a huge breath of relief and that is when everything hit her up with full force. She stumbled on her feet, tears blurring her eyes,hands shaking as her whole body started shivering. She tried to find a place to hide as soon as possible and quickly made her way into the bathroom locking herself up in one of the cubes as she leaned back against the wall.

She felt like someone else had controlled her out there when she stood up for the girl but now that everything was calmer the weight of the whole situation wrapped around her my mind. The main reason she stood up for the girl along with wanting to help her out was because she could see herself in that girl. The way that girl was trembling,eyes unfocused, trying to make a stand for herself was all way too familiar to Lia. Although the girl's whole demeanour seemed to change once Lia approached, her previous behavior had set off Lia.