Chapter-1

Third Person POV

Human species are bestowed upon with many powers. Power to be compassionate and to be arrogant, to build and to break,to forgive and to avenge. Yet somehow out of all these amazing powers,shines the brightest one with grace and vigour.

Power to love and to hate.

Life brings vast range of people to the harbour of our hearts. Leading us to sail them all to a designated land with safety.Letting us to deal with the high tides, monstrous storms and fearfully drowning waves,all on our own.

Serving a outer realm purpose of teaching us our own set of lessons to be derived from our sailing and the travellers onboard with us. Few lessons are sweet and savoring. On the other hand,few are harsh and condemning, pulling us down, leaving us beaten and defeated.

While sweetness comes from those little moments of joy and care filled with immense power of love. Being defeated comes from rough edges and dark depths of the controlling power of hate.

Somehow most people are overflowing with the latter one and the consequences are borne by those whose hearts are the purest.

She has known that for years now,being proven that fact way too many times for her liking.

She stands by the lake observing the way the currents passes with slight hop and joy in it's move. Showing her that life does not have to stand still and can move with elegance and bliss bringing a light hearted smile on her almost rosy lips.

The silent atmosphere being broken by the soft tune of her phone ringing on the bench behind, where a black notebook lays open with a black pen tugged in it next to her little black backpack.

PS: That was little too much of 'black' there. But moving on-

"Coming in few minutes mom." Her slightly velvety voice spoke through the phone as she slid the bag on her shoulders after packing the things laying down.

She made her way in the frosty evening tugging the jacket closer to her body searching for some warmth before looking back at the lake once more and exited the spacious park filled with greenary all over.

Walking. Lia loves walking. The light tapping of her feet on the ground, back and forth moving of her legs on a natural mode, sights of the familiar streets as rain water pooled in little puddles here and there,the heartwarming scene of tiny puppies playing in the backyard of Mrs.Natch as she rounded the corner to her home made her feel safe and peaceful.

Aroma of the freshly crushed coffee beans filling the chilly breeze in the cosy little home as Lia entered inside sliding her things to the rectangle table next to the door. Then walking over to the kitchen seeing her mother preparing warm coffee for both of them.

Lia's POV

I wrapped my arms around her shoulder as she looked up at me with a small smile, continuing to brew the coffee."How was your little outing for the day?" She asked with a tenderness lacing her soft voice."It was lovely. If you hadn't called I would have spent a little more time in the park." I playfully accused her, removing my shoulders to nudge her."Your grandmother and uncle are visiting Lia.I had to call you.We all are attached by one string,that's you. We all are somehow together and happy cause of you."

I sighed as I poured the prepared coffee in two coffee mugs,taking it over to the wooden brown Island in middle of the open kitchen. We both settled down on opposite stools taking the mugs in our hands,drinking in silence.

I let my mind wander again as I looked over at the drizzling rain outside the window. Mom's words ringing in my ears "We all are attached by one string,that's you". That was so not true. I wanted to tell her that I was just a visible reason for us to stay put but all of your efforts and the will to hold on to each other has kept us as a strong family. But she would just dismiss me saying that "Oh shush! Young lady." And continue to ramble about how I pulled the family together and I would just chuckle and let go.

I turned my attention back to mom when I heard a squealing sound."Oh my god! I forgot to show you the new earrings I got for you."She whisper-shouted in excitement as she ran to her room to get the said earrings I assume. I giggled at her cuteness as I cleaned the kitchen counter and loaded the dish washer. I sat on the gray couch in the side of our living room designed with white and black scapes.

"Here! Look! Look!" I looked up at mom standing there with two earrings in both of her palms. I examined them closely. One pair was ocean blue droplets and other was stone studs,both were so pretty.
"They look beautiful mother. But you shouldn't spend so much. We need to save money." I gently reminded her about our financial situation.

"I know but I wanted to give you presents for clearing your exams and getting enrolled into the university after all that went down a year and half ago" She spoke with a gentle care tucking a hair behind my ear as I hugged her and nuzzled into her little tummy showing my gratitude. "Thank you mom" I whispered pulling back with glazed eyes, already feeling emotional.

She kissed my forehead for a brief moment conveying all her pride and love. "Now stop being all mushy and help me with preparing dinner." She said pulling me up."I won't let you pass just because you do not know how to cook little miss" she sing-sang on her way to the kitchen not giving me a chance to protest.

I joined her in the kitchen unwillingly before adding the earrings to my already not so minimal collection. All that were bought by mom mostly or gifted to me. Because accesories are essential.

Rest of the day just went by in a blink. Drowning in home chores while bickering with mom, welcoming my not so silent grandmother who tackled me with a bone crushing hug, peppering my face with little pecks as I just savoured the moment with a huge smile while my uncle tapped my head with affection. Later on after settling in,we all sat in a circle on the floor eating our dinner as we chattered away abandoning the dinner table.

•••

Sky was painted pitch black and white dots as I climbed the stairs leading me to the huge terrace. Bluetooth speaker and my android were held loosely in my hands in all their black glory. I settled them on the medium length wall as I undid the clutch letting my wavy brown, hip-length hair fall down on my back before twirling around to middle of the terrace.

All I remember is the music hitting my ears before I was swept away into the cradling arms of my passion. My feet moved with a certain sharpness as my hands waved with grace. Icy breeze of the monsoon midnight swayed my hairs in waves with each move of my body. Each twirl,each move,each beat lured my soul into it's abyss like a sinner being lured by a siren.

The long black frock hugging my frame swirled with my moves as I went on losing myself in the music before I layed down on the cold tiles looking up at the now yellow and orange streaking sky as I closed my eyes slowing my breathing. As usual, diamonds of my misery slipped down my temples wetting my lashes in their awake not having any resistance from my end.

I rose to stand up wiping my cherry tinted cheeks before retrieving my things and making my way into the home to my bedroom locking all the doors and changed into my nightwear to mask whatever happened just now and to wake up to a bright day as I smile my way through it only to break down all over again as the dawn hits me up with no remorse.

__________________________________

Hello guys!

This is the first story to be written by me. I apologize for any mistakes or if I am killing you all with boredom.

I give my word that I will try my best to better myself with time. I request you all to please support me and help me secure a place in this world of arts and works.

Thank you! Hope all are having a peaceful day...