Chapter-2

Third Person POV

The girl sighed opening her laptop while she layed down on the bed,balancing her weight on her stomach, propping her legs up in the air as her fingers tapped away at the keys in the dimly lit room.

She continued scrolling through the only app she was currently obsessed with and saving few of the pins that caught her interest ranging from beauty oriented authentication to various series,novels and quotes.

Before she could spend all her evening in her safe space,she heard her name being called out. "Leona, could you come here for a moment?"sounded her mother's familiar voice.

Leona's POV

"Yes mom?" I questioned looking down at the living room from the first story of our house. Mom waved me over, standing near the end of the staircase, I quickly made my way to her and heard her saying "Your father wants to talk to you".As if spending my whole first day at school on the verge of killing everybody wasn't enough,now I had to deal with my father's "questionnaire". I just glanced over at her and went towards the couch where dad was sitting.

He looked up at me patting the place next to him,I sat down quietly waiting for him to either question about literally everything that went down at school or to give me lengthy lecture that I most possibly would not be able to remember even if I wanted to. "How was school today?" There it is. It is not that I would not want my father to ask about my first day at school but it is about the way he asks it,as if he is waiting for me to speak or do something wrong so that he could find a fault in it.

"It was quite good." I keep my answer decently short. "What else?" He pries me further. I bite my inner cheek to not lash out  about how it was just my first day and there was not much to it other than my boring life that he;oh so definitely won't let me to get away from."Everything was light and easy-going, teachers just gave an introduction about the subjects that we'll be dealing with for the year. Nothing much as it was just our first day." I stress the word to make him understand there was not really much to talk about.

He slowly nods his head as his eyes trail away from me.I sighed internally thinking that finally for the first time dad won't prolong this but how wrong I was. Even before I could savour the moment his daunting eyes landed on me again "Look Leona,I do not want to be harsh on you or do not want to control you. But this is your final year and I do not want any excuses to be made in it. You should make sure to score high. As high as possible but never low.You should make me proud. I am concerned about your life and that is the reason I always keep reminding you about how you should work harder...." He just continued with his words and I stopped hearing him as the word me hit his little motivational speech.

I understand the importance of it all,the studies,career,life. All of it.I get it. But why can not my father just acknowledge the efforts I have been putting in ever since I grew up. Why would he not include my mother in the conversation? Why is it always just 'I','Me'? Why is it not 'Us', 'We'? Just why my father should be the way he is towards us? I just sat there listening to him go on and on and on about how I should do better,do more.

Finally he stopped talking, patting my shoulder bringing my attention back to him "Do well Leona" He said with a little smile urging me to return it with a soft one I wish you smiled a lot more towards me dad. I brushed my mom's arm tenderly as I reclined towards my room before catching a glimpse of my brothers moving to their own room,most probably must have seen the scene downstairs.

This is the only place in this whole house that provides me with a sense of safety and space to relax. Even if there is no absolute privacy considering the fact that everyone here just barges in and out, it is still some sort of security to my worn-out self.No burden,no prying eyes,no expectations,no questions. Nothing. Just me and my mind. Sometimes my heart too I guess. I have this strong pull from within me to dwell in all the wrong things that I end up pushing myself into a miserable situation. One of the main reasons for me to find comfort on social media.

I scroll through my pinterest for some more time, replying to few chats and searching for some inspiration before taking a hold of my drawing supplies. One thing that I love spending time on,apart from story books and social media is that indulging in arts. The beauty that results after numerous strokes and colourings gives an ecstatic rhythm to my heart.

At the sound of my stomach grumbling I realised I had lost the track of time being immersed in perfecting the particular mermaid girl sketch. I quickly tidied up my place, putting everything back in it's place as I swiftly made my way down for dinner and dashed back to my room even before anyone could catch a hold of me. I let out a breath of relief as I snuggled into my bed and easily drifting into sleep due to the exhaustion wayiny down on me. I hope that tomorrow will be a good day.

__________________________________

Hey guys!

Chapter 2 is up now.I have tried my best to keep it precise and meaningful,hope you all enjoyed it.

It would be helpful if you all give some suggestions or any requirements to be added.

Your comments and votes motivates me!💓

Thank you! Hope you all have a pleasant day...