Chapter-12

Third Person POV

The iron gates decorated with flower vines swirling through it's artistic grills, painted in black stood tall on either sides of the huge building,welcoming vast ocean of people from various universities.

Students were scattered around the college for as far as the eyes could see. Few welcoming the others for the grand event set inside the venue, on the other hand groups of girls and boys chatted away while few others stood by the gates with phones pressed to their ears, seemingly waiting for their company for the evening to arrive,watching those who were entering the university building.

Few with friends,few with their partners while there were other few who seemed kinda badass and too cool or more like too anxious to be bothered with anybody walked inside all by themselves.

Apparently our pretty girl belonged to the last category. She passed the girls and boys by the gates with a shy smile who were obviously in the hospitality department which was easy to catch on because of the badge on their ocean blue T-shirts with the university logo printed to their left side of the chest.

Lia, already falling in love with the exterior of the prestigious University of Edinburgh walked slowly ahead soaking in the beauty of the splendid interior. So immersed in absorbing the sight in front of her that she was totally oblivious to the stares coming her way from the other students walking by.

It was when she turned the other side to look at the potraits hanging on the wall that had faces of people from a long period ago, founders of the university maybe,she noticed the stares from the students walking around her.

Startled for a moment she glanced around and concluded that the stares were probably because of her outfit. Because others were all cladded in super stylish outfits,some even seemed like designery fits. While Lia's outfit was a combination of ripped jeans,tank top that was not too deep nor too high,just above her cleavage which sat fittingly on her body and an almost see-through long overcoat. All paired with a four inch strapped heels.

Head to toe covered in complete black as usual. The only few colours on her were the deep pink floral prints on the overcoat and the gold danglings hanging on either side of the ears. Might also add the gold straps of the side bag to the list

She fixed the bag hanging on her right shoulder and took hurried steps towards the spacious quadrangle where the enormous stage was set; accidentally locking eyes with few people who kept staring at her without blinking making her feel even more self conscious.

"Hey Lia! Here! Towards your right!" She looked around,quickly recognising the voice. "Bitch! Stop looking towards all the directions and just turn your beautiful head towards your right." She did as told with a chuckle slightly feeling embarrassed at the loud voice cursing in front of everybody.

"Can you please STFU!" Not even a minute after she spoke, arms wrapped around her pulling into a tight hug. She took in a huge breath being squeezed in the strong hold restricting all her movements, nonetheless she hugged him back with the little freedom of space.

After about a minute, she felt the arms around her loosen a bit, resting comfortably on her back making her breath in relief. Now being able to move around,her arms held him warmly, with closed eyes she relaxed in his hold resting her chin on his shoulder. Thanks to the heels for adding two more inches to her height making them both equal in height, considering she was quite tall already which was five foot seven inches.

After few minutes of soaking in the familiar feeling of each other,both pulled back.

"You are looking so beautiful!" Cyrus exclaimed, about to squeeze her cheeks before noticing how Lia was zoned out looking down at her feet. He shook her slightly making her look up at him, trying to smile a little. "Something wrong?" He saw her eyes flitting towards their surrounding before she muttered in a low voice with a pout "So what if I am not wearing all those fancy fits? Is it a crime to choose comfort over style?"