Chapter-11

Lia's POV

"That stupid bitch ass! I feel like ripping every single strand of her hair one by one until she begs to be shaved off! Bitch!" Echoed the shrill voice grabbing the attention of few students walking by in the large open area of the college garden.

Who just scurried away when the girl threw a glare at them.

I was practically drowning in embarrassment because of my very good friend. I was looking everywhere except for the girl standing beside me, pretending to not know her at all.

Just as I planned to sprint away I heard my name being called.Oh! so dangerously sweet. "Lia Pearl." The voice of source being none other than my very calm companion.

i just smiled sheepishly scratching the back of my neck. I flinched when the other raised her voice all of a sudden. "How dare you try to leave me alone!"

I swear I saw few puffs of gas fuming out of the angry girl's ears. And suddenly I remembered a funny cartoon animation babbling shit at me and that's it.I lost it.

I started giggling mindlessly and everytime she would say something all I could think was a very adorable creature trying to be angry but that ends up being hilarious.

My friend tsked in annoyance as she started walking away which made me to stop laughing. Atleast tried to stop.

I caught up with her as she was almost out of the exit.I prayed to God to not make me laugh,I really did but unfortunately my controlling skills with laughters was close to zero.

Hence it was totally not my mistake at all when a funny smile filled my face as soon as I saw the other's angry pout.

"Lia please .." She whined.

I raised my forefinger asking her to wait a minute while I desperately tried to control myself. After taking a deep breath,I faced her again,a very little smile gracing my lips instantly which I knew would lead to fits of laughter again so I morphed it into a blank expression.

"May I know why you so considerately pulled me out of the library and started spewing profanities?" Melissa just let out a defeated sigh and looked away which made me to pull her to a nearby park so that we could talk in some silence .

I sat looking around the park letting the other to collect her thoughts.

Few minutes ago an abrupt Melissa had barged into the college library startling everyone. Sprinting straight to the usual table by the window which we both occupy atleast three evenings per week and instantly dragged my smiling ass out to the garden. Successfully breaking the daze I was in as I chatted away with my darling.

That table is our hanging spot or more like unofficially reserved spot. Where we chit-chat, read all sorts of books; specifically rom-com and fantasy generes being our go-to. And few other days we would just sit there doing nothing but looking around and some days we would just enjoy the rainy climate.

Apparently after the incident by the lockers that day, we both bumped into each other couple of times. For instance cafeteria, college entrance, corridors being few of the places. Sometimes washrooms too.

At the start we exchanged little acknowledging smiles,waves and small greetings at the most. But as it became frequent we also grew warm towards each other.Yet, it was when we both reached out for the same book in the library that our bond gradually grew.

It was just a coincidence when we used to occupy the same table somedays but then we would just go there to hang out with each other. Comfort and care became our allies and it was an ecstatic feeling for both of us because we felt so connected in a way that even words were not needed anymore to understand each other's thoughts at times.