10. Bea's Magic (Alex)

They landed in England and Alex was a little nervous. Of course he was excited to see Bea, but missing her wasn't the only reason why he wanted to come see her. He needed to do something and he couldn't do it without her help. It's kind of amazing how far they've come, going from hating Henry all the way to not being able to live without him. 

"You alright?" Henry asked looking concerned. It seems like he noticed that something was off with Alex, but he wasn't saying anything. 

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine sweetheart. Are you excited to see your sister?" Alex asked, hoping to change the subject. Henry frowned, but didn't comment on it. He knew that Alex would tell him eventually, because it is simply not possible for Alex to hide anything from Henry for too long. Of course, the thing that Alex isn't telling Henry is actually very necessary for Alex to tell Henry, so he can't hide it for much longer. 

"Yeah. I never really knew how much I needed her with me every day until I moved away, you know?" Henry said. 

"Yeah. I felt the same way when I wasn't living in the same city as June for the first time," Alex sympathized. 

They got in the car and Shaan started driving towards the palace. Zahra was sitting in the front seat. It's kind of funny how it turned out, with Alex and Henry dating and then their two security officers dating as well. He liked the couple that Zahra and Shaan made together though. He wondered if they were ever planning on having kids. He wasn't going to ask Zahra though, he knew that was going to get him much more than a glare. 

The car ride was mostly silent, with Henry trying to make conversation but then dropping it. Zahra and Shaan had their own hushed conversation in the front of the car, but Alex was too tired to try and eavesdrop. You would think he would be more rested considering the fact that he had the chance to sleep on the plane, but he just couldn't sleep. He had been up all night last night trying to figure out how he was going to ask Bea to help him, and then during the plane trip he got scared for some stupid reason. He knew Bea would support him, because she just wanted what was best for Henry, but at the same time he was scared that Bea was going along with it just because Henry was happy for the time being, but she didn't actually think that Alex was the one for him. He knew that was unreasonable, but the part of his brain that comes up with the worst case scenarios doesn't know that. 

"Alex? Love, are you okay?" Henry questioned, looking concerned, "You're staring at your hands so intently I would think you hate them if I didn't know any better."

"What? Yeah I'm fine. No need to worry," Alex said, sounding like he was lying even to his own ears.

"You sure?" Henry didn't look like he believed him

"Yeah," Alex said.

Henry just gave him a look and let it drop. He was probably going to bother him about it later though. 

They finally made it to the palace and Alex felt slightly relieved that the wait was over. Henry immediately ran to give his sister a hug because she was waiting outside. Alex stood back and let them catch up a little bit before going to say hi to Bea. 

When it was finally his turn to give her a hug, he whispered in her ear, "I need to talk to you about something."

"Oh no, what did Henry do?" Bea asked.

"He didn't do anything. It's nothing bad, I promise," Alex reassured her.

"Oh ok. So does that mean you're planning on proposing?" Bea dropped her voice down to a very quiet whisper so even Alex could barely hear.

"What?! How did you know?!" Alex asked, worried that he was being obvious and the surprise was spoiled.

"My psychic powers to read people's minds," Bea joked, "No, but I figured with how nervous you seem to be and the only thing you might possibly need to talk to me about without Henry knowing would be that if Henry didn't do anything bad."

"You're a clever one, Bea, Henry's lucky to have a sister like you," Alex said fondly.

"And Henry's lucky to have a boyfriend like you," Bea shot back, with the same level of fondness.

"Okay, let's get you guys settled in before we discuss this any further," Bea decided.

"Yes, let's do that," Alex agreed.