Chapter 10

Chapter 10 Cherries

    ◎"Death is also death." ◎

    There is a thread in the dark, entwining the two of them.

    The room card number given to her by the front desk staff was 403—

    five years ago, she lived in 402, and Zhou Aiqiao lived in 403; five years later, she lived in 403, and Zhou Aiqiao lived in 402.

    But this is not Xiaowo Town. This is just a man-made place, a small town that only exists in the script of "Dandelion Lovers".

    Ming Xiangfan went to bed intermittently, and fell asleep in the car in the morning, so he was still awake at four o'clock in the morning.

    The style of the hotel is inexplicably similar to the dwelling house of the protagonist in "The Little Mountain". Wooden floor, light yellow checked curtains. A flimsy bed with a simple desk installed opposite the bed. There was only a half-burned candle on it - a decoration.

    As soon as I closed my eyes, there was a marquee in my head.

    Over and over again, Fang Xiaoshan, played by Zhou Aiqiao, was dying, looking at the mountains and the grass growing and the warbler flying, with those indifferent eyes that have nothing to do with world affairs.

    Fang Xiaoshan died, and the children who were bound in the mountains had not had time to see the world and the busy traffic outside. But for the first time, he felt the taste of death. First is the death of the heart, and then the destruction of the body.

    In the countryside, there are many vultures.

    They gnawed at Fang Xiaoshan's body bit by bit, his internal organs, nose, lips, eyes and mouth.

    He fell off the cliff, falling all the way, stones and tree branches cut him apart. The pain in his body made him sad, but he didn't have a tear. He felt death quietly, and finally he was glad that he could still play the last role—the vulture would not be starved to death.

    The mother who was driven crazy, the father who was a gambler, and the relatives that snakes and ants cling to.

    And that one, the HIV-infected needle.

    This is Fang Xiaoshan's life.

    The tuition fee was collected, but he could no longer get out of this mountain.

    This scene kept replaying before her eyes.

    Ming Xiangfan suddenly remembered the comment he encountered when watching a movie five years ago.

    In the end, Ming Xiangfan tried to find that comment again, but he couldn't find it. That comment was as confusing as Zhou Aiqiao's, as if she was just a fellow traveler who happened to meet on a trip.

    The lights of the town go to nothingness.

    The world is silent.

    The dazzling light of the incandescent lamp poured down, slowly falling on the table covered with red cloth.

    Beside him is a snow-white wall. But the whiteness of the wall is only exposed, and the oil paintings are hung on the wall at different heights. The wall is used as a scroll, and the oil paintings are used as words, which completely takes up the place.

    The content of the oil paintings are all naked backs, without distinguishing between men and women.

    There was a piercing sound.

    Dai Lifan was sitting by the window, his eyes were dull, unconscious and alone on the street.

    The upper body swayed, holding a kitchen knife in his hand, with a whetstone under the kitchen knife.