Beating the levels -57-

"I really hope Cyrus Borg can figure out what's going on with that game we found at the Mechanic's Lair." Lloyd sighed, walking into the elevator.

You sighed, leaning your head on his shoulder. "At least this time, the issue isn't something Wu just never fucking told us."

"Welcome to floor 100." At least this automated voice, wasn't evil like the first time you were in this elevator.

Borg rolled forward, his usual smile on his face. "Ah, hello Ninja. Your game has kept me quite busy." Didn't this dude make a time machine at some point? Is this game really that difficult to crack?

"What have you discovered?" Nya asked, glancing around laboratory.

Borg chuckled. "A new appreciation for the designer, Milton Dyer."

You sighed, "And he made a really fun security system in his island as well.

"More- more impressive than mine?"

Kai smirked, "Do you have robot dogs? Because he had robot dogs.

Borg mumbled, as he wheeled over to the arcade cabinet. "Ahem- I've run diagnostics on the cabinet and this game is far more complex than- than well- anything I've ever seen. Even more than my ill-fated Digiverse." He pressed a button, causing a computer monitor to start flashing up random text boxes of information. "It's a virtual world, made up of different zones, inside the game."

Nya squinted. "So Jay's in one of those zones?"

Sighing, Borg fixed his glasses. "Not just Jay. The game's player count has exploded. Over 800 players are now trapped inside the game."
Even though it was only a small percentage of Ninjago City, that was a fuck ton of people.

Kai walked up to the machine, rubbing his chin. "All the people who reached level 13 were the ones who disappeared into the cabinet. That must mean something."

"The world inside, Prime Empire is controlled by Unagami."

Zane nodded, pointing to the screen. "And Unagami is Milton Dyer."

Borg nodded. "Which means there are 2 ways to deal with this. Find Dyer in real life, and stop him, or, enter the game. Just like Jay did, and stop Dyer's avatar, Unagami."

Walking forward, Lloyd sighed. "I think we should divide up and go for both at the same time."

Glancing to the Nindroids, Borg shook his head. "I'm afraid Zane and Pixel cannot enter the game. The Prime Empire code is so complex, it could overwrite your programming." Yeah, that would not be good.

Pixel nervously laughed, "I like my ones and zeros just the way they are, thank you."

Zane grabbed her shoulder, "Then we'll stay here and track down Dyer in real life."

"And I'm gonna reach level 13 and crack this baby wide open!" Cole announced, crouching under the police tape.

And so he started playing.

And the security system turned on.

Glancing up on the large screen, a bunch of people like Ultra Violet, Captain Soto, more criminals, but most importantly: the Mechanic were all in the elevator. Fuck.

Borg pressed a button which caused the elevator to power down. That would hopefully stop them.

Nope. They used the fucking stairs.

"Let's go stop them." You mumbled, turning to go to the stairway.

"Wait." Borg said, grabbing your wrist. "I'm turning on my defensive systems. It'll attack anything that moves, including you if you go down there!"

Lloyd pursed his lips. "We're Ninja. We can't just sit out a fight."

Borg pointed towards the cabinet. "Fight the opponents in the game. You must reach level 13 before the real enemies get up here."

Everyone ran over to the cabinet to check on Cole. "How's it going?"

He wiped his forehead. "Harder than expected, bit I'm almost down customizing my avatar."

First Spinjitzu Master have mercy, Cole was going to be the fucking end of you.

"Winning is all about confidence. I gotta look cool when I'm fighting."

Then he actually started playing.

After a few minutes, the Mechanic and Ultra Violet appeared on the screen. "Nice try! Almost fooled us." Apparently they found out that the brick wall was in fact, fake.

And then they made it to the top.

"Floor 100. I said I'd be on top again."

Cole was close to finishing. Only a bit more until he made it to level 13.

Then they walked through the door.

Nya threw both you and Lloyd an end of caution tape, so you both used Spinjitzu to quickly wrap Ultra Violet in it. Thank Ninjago for industrial strength caution tape.

The Mechanic started to approach Cole when Lloyd pinned him against the wall. "All this to play one video game? Why are you doing this for Unagami?!"

"He's pressing the 'Start' button in a new revolution." He then flipped it around so he was pinning Lloyd to the wall. "And I will be player two, serving at his side!"

You ran at him, using Spinjitzu to kick the guy away. You seemed to be constantly kicking this guy.

"Guys! I made it to Level 13!" Cole announced.

"Would you like to enter Prime Empire?"

You ran in front of the machine, waiting for everyone else to join you. "Finish it up quick! It's going to close at some point!"

"Would you like to enter Prime Empire?"

You waved everyone inside. Lloyd still seemed to be fighting the Mechanic. "I'll catch up! Get going!"

Nodding, you ran inside, being enveloped by the white light.

-------
HEY BESTIES EARLY CHAPTER RELEASE

actually have 2 reasons.

1. Pride month
2. DRAGONS RISING IS OUT OML IM SO EXCITED TO WATCH IT