Never loose hope, hold it with all your might -24-

(Animation by Minnowminn on Tumblr)

Thankfully, you had been placed on guard duty over the Ninja. They had mostly slept while you sat on a seat nearby, only snoozing for small amounts at a time.

You heard a crash and saw Jay by the vehicle wall.

He seemed to be pressing his ear against it. You quieted down and heard a voice, "The resistance never quits... The resistance never quits... The resistance never quits..." They didn't have a Dragon Hunter accent, who was that? 

They quickly fixed the radio and started bothering the Ninja again.  "Wakey, wakey, Ninja. Welcome back to the Dead's End."

You groaned before Jay started speaking in a hushed tone, "Guys, I think I just heard Lloyd. 'The resistance never quits.' It never quits..."

"Looks like we lost Jay again." Kai grumbled.

Readjusting in your seat, you sighed, "I heard it too, is that Lloyd though? That's not his voice." 

Jay frowned, "it's been awhile since you last saw him. After we beat Krux and Acronix -elemental masters of time- we met up again after doing a bunch of solo missions and his voice was different. It felt.. I don't know.. less childish I guess."

Frowning, you sighed. You had liked Lloyd's voice. Once you got back to Ninjago him having a whole different voice would be so weird and hard to get used to.

The vehicle drove through the gate and children started to swarm and taunt the dragon. You could feel her calling out to you for help. And you wanted to run out there, beat up all those kids and let her go, but who knows the consequences.

"Please tell me you have a plan." Kai begged Cole as you zoned back to reality.

Cole titled his head while shrugging, "Well it's in the early stages."

Wu shook his head, "He doesn't have a plan."

Cole rolled his eyes.

Iron Baron cheered, "Tonight. We feast!"

Everyone else started cheering. It made you sick.

You looked back to Cole, "with this place swarming with hunters, breaking you out is gonna be impossible.

Sighing, Zane stood up inside the cage, "If only Firstbourne paid Iron Baron a visit, we'd have a distraction."

Jay leaned down, "Wait, what did you just say?"

Zane titled his head, "Did I.. mispronounce the name? The mother of all Dragons you spoke of. It sounds like there's a lot of history between her and Iron Baron."

"We're only confined by the walls we build ourselves." Jay seemed to have an idea. "Build the impossible."

You turned around to block the 2 other imposters from view as  by walked past. 

"Okay," Jay continued, "If we can't wait for the mother of all Dragons, we build it."

Kai groaned, "Now I know you've lost it." 

Zane made a hum of agreement, "Jay might be onto something though. If we could trick Iron Baron into thinking he's under attack-"

Cole nodded, "Then we could have the distraction to break you out.

No legs then yelled at you 3 to help out with something.

"If you can design it, we can build it outside of camp." Then, get it in the air by nightfall."

Jay smiled, "Then it's a plan. We build the impossible."

▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭

So that's exactly what you did.