113. Bend, Break, Fly

"Daemon Targaryen is here for you, your grace."

"Then lets greet him." Aislynn agreed as they went to the throne room. Criston looked to Aislynn curiously. "Oh, Aemond... I need your help claiming a dragon, its about damn time... you think Syrax would care-"

"Rhaenyra is-"

"Lets just hear what Daemon has to say first." Aislynn agreed as they headed in.

"What did you do?" Otto questioned hesitantly.

"You taught me to play the game, lets hope I played it well." Aislynn offered.

"Your grace." Daemon declared as he looked up at Aegon, damn that throne.

"Why are you here?" Aegon questioned cautiously.

"Rhaenyra, succumbed to her labors after giving birth prematurely." Daemon remarked. "I was her husband... but her boys are bastards. They have no claim to the iron throne."

Aegon looked to an extremely satisfied Aislynn.

"I bend the knee to the true king, king Aegon." Daemon declared as he knelt down. Aislynn moved towards him.

"Thank you, Prince Daemon. You made the right choice." Aislynn agreed. "And the others?"

"I'm doing what I had planned to do to you, to them." Daemon remarked. "I'm very glad I didnt set my dragons on you. What a shame it would have been."

"Indeed." Aislynn agreed.

"And your end of the bargain?" Daemon questioned. Aislynn smirked moving to Aegon and held out a contract. Aegon looked it over, he looked to Aislynn silently asking if this was really a good idea and she nodded. He cleared his throat looking to Daemon.

"Rise Prince Daemon." Aegon declared and Daemon rose up skeptically. "I hereby name you Prince and Heir to both Dragonstone and Driftmark... with the passing of the final Velaryons driftmark will pass on to your daughters after you. Dragonstone will pass onto your true born sons after you."

"Thank you, your grace." Daemon agreed.

"I also offer you a spot on my council as-"

"Court fool!" Aislynn teased. "Because your constant flirting makes me laugh." Daemon gave her a pointed look. "I kid, I kid." AIslynn assured.

"Master of wars." Aegon declared.

"What of Jace and Luke and... fuck whats his name?" Daemon grumbled. "The little one."

"They are to be sent to winterfell." Aislynn declared. "Their dragons will not be going with them." She added.

"Winterfell?"

"The starks are known to be tough, rough... whip some discipline into them that they were clearly lacking." Aislynn agreed.

"Can I send the others there too?" Daemon pondered. "I dont... like children."

"They are your children, you may do what you see fit." Aislynn assured him.

"Thank you, your grace, my lady." Daemon bowed before them. "Oh and another thing." Daemon remarked. "I have a present, as a show of good faith." Daemon remarked heading to the door.

"A present?" Aegon pondered hesitantly.

"For the Lady Aislynn Hightower." Daemon agreed.

"I love presents." Aislynn agreed following him out.

"I remember thinking when I saw you at dragonstone how sexy you looked on a dragon... on this dragon." Daemon remarked.

"I had the same thought." Criston agreed. "Then I married her." Aislynn squealed out.

"Syrax is... well a moody bitch like Rhaenyra but I think you two could get along." Daemon offered.

"Mum's gonna get a dragon." Jaeton rasped.

"I fly!" Cammie declared hopefully.

"Can we all get dragons?" Clayton pondered.

"Meleys needs a rider." Tommy agreed. "And the Strong boys had three in total."

"Dibs!" Jaeton and Clayton shouted out.

"Thats four dragons." Emmett told them. "One for each of us."

"I FLY!" Cammie declared jumping up and down.

"Aislynn be careful." Criston begged.

"Careful is my middle name." Aislynn declared before cackling out. "I almost said it with a straight face."

"Aislynn, I'm serious." Criston declared.

"I know, I know." Aislynn assured turning around and kissing him. Criston smiled back at her before she spun back around, long red hair flowing behind her. "Alright Syrax come to mama."

Daemon did something he never thought he would willingly do but he was okay with it. Another thing he didnt think he would ever be considering how long he coveted the throne but Daemon Targaryen bent the knee.

Break the rules and forge the unbreakable bonds of Dragon and dragon rider. Criston watched with wide eyes as Aislynn shouted out the words, she didnt have a clue what she was saying but Syrax had bowed before her. Criston's jaw dropped as she pulled herself up.

Never in the history of dragons had another person without dragon blood claimed a dragon. It wasnt impossible it was just improbable. Targaryens were gifted eggs and most were not brave enough to try.

And yet, Aislynn Hightower flew.

+

Sober / Daemon Targaryen out now

What if Aislynn was a bit more crown motivated? What if she found a man that never did her wrong, only rough... check out
Sober/ Daemon Targaryen to Aislynn's alternate journey in life and in love.