95. Wanderer

"Clayton wheres your brother?"

"Jae-"

"The little one that likes to play hide and seek and terrorize your mother." Criston corrected.

"Ummmm..." Clayton drawled out. Criston shook his head running off.

"Helaena wheres emmett?" Aislynn questioned.

"Not here. He said something about playing hide and seek with Ser Criston." Helaena remarked.

"Thank you sweetie." Aislynn agreed as she turned to leave. "CRISTON!" Aislynn demanded.

"Im finding him-"

"Helaena said he was playing hide and seek you with you!" Aislynn shouted.

"He didnt tell me that!" Criston countered.

"Gods. I love him but my heart cant take another runaway babe." Aislynn declared as she ran through the halls calling his name. "You remember how terrified i was when Clayton ran at his name day party and I fucking knew where he went in the damn-" they shared a look.

"crypts!" They both shouted but aislynn grumbled.

"He doesnt like dark places." Aislynn murmured.

"He likes the woods." Criston agreed. Aislynn looked on the brink of a meltdown Criston held onto her. "We will find him." Criston assured. "I will go into the woods, you check around the courtyard and castle. We find him." Aislynn nodded as she headed down the hall, he heard her breath hitch and saw the tear slip down her cheek before she turned the corner.

"Any luck?"

"Clearly not." Aislynn spat back and Aegon faltered back. "i'm sorry, I'm in a mood until I find him safe and sound. When you are a parent you will understand." Aislynn remarked.

"I had the guards start a perimeter search." Aegon remarked. "But... they havent found him yet."

"Thank you... I'm sorry for snapping at you." Aislynn whispered.

"We will find him. Safe and sound." Aegon assured.

"Thank you." AIslynn whimpered. Criston ran the woods and each passing moment of panic Alicent saw her usually composed and bad ass sister breaking. They rechecked the castle, the guards were sent into the woods as well but Emmett was a patient boy, he could sit and hide, playing a game for hours, Aislynn didnt have his patience especially since they didnt know how long he was gone for. Aislynn hoped and prayed to every God, old new and imaginary that Criston was having better luck and bringing Emmett home to her now.

"EMMETT! EMMETT!" Criston shouted. He heard little giggles, he didnt see Emmett but hoped this would work. "I see you. Come on out." Criston begged and he heard hustling in the bushes, Criston spun around and saw a cheeky smile on Emmett's face. Criston ran to him.

"You found me!" Emmett declared as criston picked him up.

"I found you." Criston agreed with a sigh of relief.

"You took a long time." Emmett remarked matter of factly.

"Bud i didnt know we were playing hide and seek." Criston countered.

"I thought I told you

"I thought I told you." Emmett offered innocently as he tapped his hands along cristons back. He refused to let emmett go.

"You didnt. Emmett you cant go wandering off. You could have gotten hurt or lost and that would break your mama and my's heart." Criston declared.

"I'm sorry daddy. I will tell you and make sure you know next time." Emmett offered.

"No wandering out this far without mama or me." Criston corrected.

"Hela and I go and play though." Emmett remarked. "Daddy can we still play in the forest?"

"With Helaena too. Yes. But you have to let mama or me know." Criston begged.

"Okay. I can do that." Emmett agreed.

"Okay." Criston agreed. His heart was still racing out of control when he got back to the castle.

Criston had seen aislynn cry maybe once in his time knowing her but today marked the second. Today was worse, today was desperation and pain and panic, the thought of losing her baby boy.

"Emmett!" Aislynn sobbed out as criston handed him to her. "Oh my Gods! Baby!"

"I'm sorry mama. I didnt mean to make you sad." Emmett offered

"I was so scared." Aislynn whimpered holding him tight. "Thank you Criston." Aislynn rasped through tears. "Thank you." He nodded pressing a kiss to her temple. "Emmett-"

"Daddy already told me. No wandering alone. Make sure to tell the person you are playing hide and seek with. That you are playing hide and seek." Emmett declared.