48. Shameless

They had opened pandoras box. Aislyn wanted Criston. Harwin didnt captivate her as he did when they were first wed.

But Criston, damn that man had honor.

It would be a service to Aislynn's happiness she pondered, what a greater honor, and he could take pride in knowing that Alicent wouldnt mind.

Aislynn felt weak. She felt like she couldnt control herself, her emotions, her anything. Her husband and her were basically strangers. Harwin did try but some things were too far gone.

Alicent smiled down at Aemond before noticing Aislynns distant gaze. Jaeton cooed up at Aislynn content. He sat on her bent legs, his back to her stomach as she ran her hands over his little legs.

"Lynnie?"

"Amah?" Aegon declared running in at full speed.

"Hi cutie." Aislynn whispered.

"I see who the favorite is." Alicent mused and Aislynn finally looked at her.

"Sorry, sorry." Aislynn murmured. "i'm just... I dont know. Conflicted." And should not be complaining about my gorgeous cheating husband who is trying to do better and be better when you are married to an old withered man that is pretending to be blind to his daughters actions.

"The boys always know what to do." Alicent offered.

"Yeah, I suppose..." Aislynn agreed and ALicent shook her head.

"Thats not what I meant!" Alicent corrected.

"What?" Aegon questioned looking between them.

"They can't...." ALicent rasped.

"I mean they could." Aislynn corrected.

"I know they could, hell you could but... don't." Alicent countered.

"Then what were you thinking?" Aislynn countered as John came in.

"I have a great idea!" John declared. "Hey squirt." he ruffled Aegon's hair. "Burn his fucking beard off!"

"JOHN!" Alicent shouted appalled but AIslynn laughed out.

"What? It wont kill him. Just sends a message." John remarked.

"John!" Alicent begged.

"Such a fuddy duddy." John teased as he sat beside Aislynn. "I can do it... discreetly." He whispered leaning into her.

"I love you." Aislynn laughed out.

"We cant burn.... his beard off." Alicent hissed nervously.

'We?" John mused grabbing the pitcher of wine from the table reaching his arm back awkwardly before settling back down next to Aislynn. "No, no a queen must keep her hands clean."

"He's not wrong." Aislynn agreed.

"You two are shameless!" Alicent declared. Jaeton started fussing and turning in Aislynn's lap as John laughed out.

"You know me, this should not be a surprise." John remarked. "I want to help my Amoret, is that so wrong?"

"No." Alicent agreed.

"We offered it to you as well." John reminded her.

"Yes..." Alicent agreed slowly. "Your method of helping though is... unorthodox." she offered gently.

"It's effective." John corrected before glancing to Aislynn. "GAH!" John shouted covering his eyes with his hand.

"What?" Aislynn countered.

"Give a guy a warning if you are going to whip it out like that." John remarked still eyes covered as he scooted away from her blindly.

"I'm feeding my child." Aislynn informed him.

"Do you have to do it in front of me? You're my sister, I dont want to see that." John corrected.

"He wants food. I feed him." Aislynn remarked. Aegon watched John and laughed out covering his face with his hands.

"JOHN!" Alicent demanded.

"What?" He sassed

"aegon is copying you and he is going to get hurt!" Alicent informed him and his hand dropped to his lap and he picked up Aegon.

"Come on bud, we can go somewhere with less exposed tits." John remarked. "Dont go in there." John warned as he passed Finn and Harwin. Finn gave him a skeptical look before peering in.

"Mum?" Finn questioned.

"Jaeton's eating and our brother is scared of breasts apparently." Aislynn remarked.

"Can I... come in?" Finn questioned confused. "I got a caterpillar for Helaena."

"Pillar!" Helaena declared blinking awake from her nap. She ran on unstable legs to the door. "Pillar, pillar, pillar, I see?" Helaena begged and Finn stepped in holding it out for her. She smiled down at it before it crawled slowly to her hand. She squealed with delight.

"Hey," Harwin remarked and Criston glanced past them to Aislynn as he shut the door for the queen. Aislynn forgot at times that he was just always outside... ready to protect the queen. Her sister. A heavy sighed filled her as the door sealed shut but Harwin blocked her view, he sat beside her, smiling down at Jaeton, he ran a hand over his little head before kissing Aislynn's cheek.

"Harwin was helping me with sword play today." Finn remarked.

"Training." Harwin agreed.

"Thats really nice." Aislynn agreed. Harwin's gaze shifted to Aislynn's full breasts and Jaeton reached out protectively. This was his mama's teats, for him and him alone.

"He doesnt like sharing you it seems." Harwin remarked as he wrapped an arm around her. Alicent noticed Aislynn's breath hitch in her chest before she settled into Harwin's side.

"He's a one woman type of guy." Aislynn remarked. "Doesnt share... he must get it from me because I know you are not so picky." Harwin stiffened removing his arm from around her before settling into an awkward silence beside her. Alicent looked between them as Finn listened to Helaena talk of the caterpillar, all the segments, counting the legs, it fascinated her. While Aislynn and Harwin seemed even more strangers than the day they met.