45. Suspicious

The morning sun and disappointment greeted Aislynn first when she woke. She didn't even need to look to know Harwin was gone. Still, she stretched her arm across his side of the bed, hoping to catch his lingering warmth. Anything to make up for the lack of kiss he usually woke her up for before he left for the day. She tried to rationalize it away with the fact that he kept her up most of the night, using her however he wanted. He hadn't let her come once, continuing to keep her on a knife's edge until she wanted to scream.

It wasn't until the very end that he finally got her off. She'd waited so long, it'd been almost painful. And she accepted every excruciating, beautiful moment of it because he was right, even if it had been his little game.

Needing to feel close to him, Aislynn rolled over to bury her face in his pillow. Instead of his spicy, citrus scent, she found a piece of paper. She opened the folded sheet and smiled.

I love you. -H

It wasn't her morning kiss, but it was something, and she could work with something. But first, she had to get out of bed.

She moved to break fast and saw John smiling back at her. 

"Hello Johnny." AIslynn said running a hand through Helaena's hair as she took a seat. 

"Wheres my little man?" John questioned. Daeron raised a hand. 

"Here!" Daeron answered and Alicent chuckled. 

"You okay Lynnie?" Alicent questioned noticing her distant expression. 

"Yeah. Dad just left and I actually might miss him." Aislynn offered. 

"Something else." Alicent corrected. 

"morning mum." Finn yawned out as he kissed her cheek before taking a seat. 

"Hi sweetie." Aislynn answered smiling back at him. It was nice to have the family together. Aemond was listening politely as Helaena told him about a bug, she explained it in thorough detailing. Aegon was working on a booger stuck in his nose, he had his napkin shoved up there. Daeron was smiling and waving at Jaeton. 

Alicent was glad that Viserys was tired and didnt have the strength to mount her. Staring back at her children though, she had been a child when she had them. She still felt like a child on some days. She had her childhood stolen from her. But seeing how much AIslynn had wanted a child, how long and hard it took them to conceive, Alicent was reminded that children were a blessing even as strange as her own. 

Daeron and Aemond seemed more... level headed. Aegon was basically Aislynn's baby. Helaena was off in la la land more than not. 

"Hey. Look at me." John requested taking her chin and gently leading her face to his. "Are you happy Amoret?"

 "Are you happy Amoret?"

"Right now... yeah." Aislynn agreed. 

"Things on the Harwin front okay?" John pondered. 

"How are things on the Esme front?"  Aislynn countered. 

"I was thinking, a Hightower invasion." John remarked fondly and Aislynn quirked a brow. 

"Heavens." Alicent murmured. 

"I move, we all move here. Permanently. Help you and Ali." John added.

"I would love that." Aislynn agreed immediately. "Dont you think Finny?" 

"Could be fun." Finn agreed. 

"A hightower invasion." Aislynn declared. "Oh I like the sound of that." 

"Back to you little love." John remarked as she picked up her tea. 

"Its been a great few moons." Aislynn agreed. "He is..."

"We dont have to kill him." John sounded disappointed by that. Criston choked back a laugh from the door. 

"Not yet." Aislynn mused. 

"Where is Strong?" John questioned. 

"He was gone before I woke." Aislynn offered. 

"And that doesnt-" John began but Alicent hushed him. 

"He is a knight, he is on track for commander, thats impressive." ALicent offered. "He is probably training." 

"-Sound suspicious?" John finished after a moments pause. 

"I have to have faith in him." Aislynn corrected. "I have to. I just wish if he were going to fuck a whore that she wouldnt live in the same castle as me." Aislynn added loudly. Aegon blinked back at her. 

"What's a whore?" Aegon pondered. 

"Rhaenyra." Aislynn informed him. Aegon looked to Alicent as she slapped a hand to cover her face. "She knows." Aislynn declared. "She fucking knows." 

"Your babe is going to have a potty mouth worse than Arthur." Alicent declared. 

"No. My baby is going to be an angel like my Finny." Aislynn corrected. 

+

Aislynn was telling Jaeton and Daeron a story by the fire when Harwin came in carrying supper for them. She glanced to him as the door opened. 

"I thought we could eat here tonight." Harwin offered. 

"I would like that." Aislynn agreed. 

"Me too?" Daeron questioned already picking at the food. 

"Sure." Harwin agreed knowing Aislynn's love of Alicent's children and hoping it would ease him back into her good graces still. 

"You were gone when I woke." 

"Did you see my note?" Harwin pondered pouring them some wine. 

"I did. Where were you off to so early. I missed my morning kiss." Aislynn remarked as she put Jaeton in his crib. 

"Let me fix that." Harwin agreed moving towards her. Aislynn turned to face him as his lips met hers. She hummed into him.

"Gross." Daeron declared. "I'm gonna go get a cookie." Aislynn leaned into Harwin watched Daeron head to the door. "Night!"

"Love you honey." AIslynn called after him and he turned around blowing her a kiss. She reached out grabbing at the kiss.  A smile curved his face as she brought her hand to her chest. "Got it." Daeron giggled as he pulled the door closed behind him. 

"Where were we?" Aislynn pondered. Harwin didnt really know why he strayed, not when Aislynn seemed so perfect. He kissed her again and her worries faded. Things were really going to be okay. Everything was coming up roses.