70. Stripping in the Foyer

The cold doesn't register at first, just the impact. The water rushed over Aislynns head, Otto had graciously volunteered to take care of his grandson while Aislynn took a stroll. Criston smiled back at her he his arms wrapped around her as they sank into the water. He must hit the bottom first, because then he was pushing off, pulling Aislynn up with him. The air turned the numb feeling on her skin to ice.

"Criston! Seven hells!" Aislynn gasped out, lips already trembling.

"Great swimming temperature, keeps you closer to me." Criston corrected as he lay back, floating. Aislynn splashed water in his direction, already moving back to shore.

"I wanted to swim with you in the morning, in the daylight you goof. Its freezing now!"

"Not so fast!" Criston corrected as he grabbed her by the waist and spun her around, "You are going to miss this when we head back... I know I am." he coed holding her back pressed against his chest.

"I am going to miss this, this has been perfect," Aislynn agreed. "I got to forget about everything else." Criston kissed her neck holding her to him. 

"What do the starks like to say? Winter is coming." Aislynn remarked. "I love you but It's fucking freezing. I'm going to lose toes," Aislynn declared as she turned in his arms, and then suddenly his face was very close to hers. He blinked the water from his eyelashes as his gaze traveled from her eyes to her chin and back again, lingering on her mouth. A smile curved her lips as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders, treading water, his skin was like ice to the touch, but warmth blazed through her at the contact, at the look in his eyes, at his breath on her skin.

"Warm me up." Aislynn commanded and then his mouth was on hers. Heat filled her veins, magnifying and glowing with each brush of his lips. His body tightened against her as a wave rushed up against them. A shiver went through her and he pulled her tighter to himself. He kissed her harder, deeper, his tongue mingling with hers as he twisted his fingers in her wet hair, pulling hard enough that a delicious spark shot all the way down her spine.

She wasnt Targaryen but it was like a fire in her core raged higher, hotter, threatening to swallow every last ounce of her self control. Another wave crashed over them and she was soaking in more ways than one.

Urging Aislynn to lose herself in his skin and his mouth and the low groan he made in the back of his throat.  His arms stayed securely locked around her waist, and he searched her face when she pulled away.

"Criston, I'm going to lose a toe." Aislynn whispered against him. He let out an incredulous laugh, a hand coming up to push her hair behind her ear. He left his palm against her cheek, and her eyelids flutter shut. His voice lowered until it nearly blended in with the ripples of the water around them.

Her teeth chattering uncontrollably now, and they scramble for the docks. He grabbed her hips, hoisting her up first before climbing out after her.

"Come on." Aislynn demanded grabbing his hand and running inside. Once inside she grabbed a mug that used to be steaming hot tea. Even though it's not that hot anymore, it nearly burns her frozen fingers. He wrapped a towel around her frozen shoulders.

"I'm going to need a steaming hot bath to warm up, but then..." Aislynn declared suggestively as she ran off.

"Sounds good." Criston agreed. Aislynn lingered at the bottom of the stairs, looking at him a moment longer as he stripped off his wet shirt. Criston looked up at her and a smile crossed her face. "Enjoying the show?" Criston mused.

"A little more flare for the pants." Aislynn mused. Criston chuckled pulling at his belt.

"Goodness dont let my father see you striping in the foyer." Aislyn declared with a laugh. 

There was a roaring fire in the corner by the time she made it back downstairs, and Criston was standing at the table lighting a candle, his back to Aislynn, she grabbed another blanket off the couch, wrapped it around herself as they moved closer to him.

Aislynn bumped him aside with her shoulder so she could reach the wineglasses in the cabinet by his head. She stretched onto her toes but couldnt reach the shelf.

 "Here." He reached over her and pulls down two glasses, his chest brushing against her back. He lingers a moment as she leaned into him before setting the glasses in front of her.

"I guess I should've known this wouldnt last forever." Aislynn whispered as she sat beside him, her legs overlapping with his on the couch. He sighed as he uncorked the wine. 

They meet each other's eyes, and for the first time, his smile looked shy. As though he wanted to pretend that she was truly his too. 

"I loved playing house with you Aislynn Hightower." Criston remarked. 

"I would have loved to change my name to Aislynn Cole." she added kissing him gently.