67. Foecking Chickens

"Hey daddio miss me." Aislynn coed as she walked through Ottos holdfast, the place she grew up, snuck boys in, and learned everything she knew about how to play the game. RIght now, walking in she felt like for the first time in ages she was winning. 

Aislynn was surprised Tommy had weaseled out of marriages when father got the rest of them married

Aislynn was surprised Tommy had weaseled out of marriages when father got the rest of them married. John had Esme and Arthur had a woman named linda, her father was a septon and she was a goodie, goodie twat. Arthur wanted them to meet his son, he was proud of his boy, he was just a babe, a few moons and didnt do anything but hell Arthur loved him. He didnt however like his situation, he wanted to be with his siblings and not stuck in old town but he supposed they all had to grow up sooner or later. 

Arthur had married a woman that Aislynn hated immensely. Criston came with her, Aislynn loved that she didnt have to ask. He asked if he could come, if she wanted him there. She did. 

"I love Old town, I love it but the capital is just..." Aislynn looked around his little shack in the middle of nowhere. 

"Yeah. Shit and smoke the same everywhere but here, fresh air." Arthur agreed leaning into her. "You smell the flowers Amoret. Not piss and shit around every corner."

"You love the city." Aislynn countered. 

"I do." Arthur agreed and Aislynn caught Linda, arthurs wife staring down Criston like he was the devil.   "What about you, Linda? You enjoying married life in the country side?" Aislynn pondered.

"I've been seeking work as a teacher." Linda corrected. "Father taught me hard work pays off and I dont like sitting around."

"Mother hood is hardly sitting around. I have two and they keep me on my toes." Aislynn offered. "Right honey?" Aislynn leaned into Criston kissing his cheek and grabbing his hand bringing it to her lap. 

"They are wonderful though." Criston agreed after a moments hesitation. Criston noticed how Linda fiddled with her cross necklace. A catholic and a gangster... former gangster.

"Teacher." Aislynn agreed. 

"Hmm, but you know, it's quite difficult. The peakys are always around and destruction seems to follow them..." Linda remarked bitterly.

"Yeah, your shouldnt have married the boss." Aislynn agreed with a wink, Tommy was the boss of the peakies but Aislynn could give this to Arthur and Arthur did feel pride. 

"And what do you get up to all day, Arthur?" Aislynn pondered, "You have been quiet about your endeavors since this one came along."

"As you know Arthur's previous endeavors have left us with no need for a salary." Linda reminded her.

" Retired already, I would be bored out of my mind. Need to get a second husband to fill my time." Aislynn remarked looking to Criston and a smile curved his face. 

"Thats preposterous." Linda hissed. 

"It would be fun." Aislynn corrected and Arthur choked out a laugh. Linda shot him a glare. 

"My father is a septon, that is not as the Gods intended it." Linda declared. 

"Yeah, but what if the Gods didnt have a say in the union and the setpon was wrong and fucking hell." Aislynn declared. "Your father did my ceremony, didnt he?" 

"Thats how your father and mine arranged our union." Linda agreed. 

"Fucking hell, for the both of us Art, I'm sorry." Aislynn remarked and Arthur laughed out. "Oh I'm sorry, I'm sorry linda." Aislynn brought a hand to her heart. "So art you-"

"Arthur occupies his time in the garden, doing voluntary work. He tends to old people and cripples." Linda remarked snootily.

"Oh. Yeah, well, something to do." Arthur offered.

"But you want more. You are an ambitious man." Aislynn reminded him. "You want more than chickens..."

"Fuck chickens." Arthur and Aislynn declared laughing out and Linda felt very out of the loop. Criston smiled seeing Aislynn smile, he didnt know what was so funny but her smile made him smile. 

"God does Esme know you are living her dream?" Aislynn questioned still giddy.

"I would ask you don't speak like such in my house." Linda barked.

"Of course." Aislynn agreed picking up her drink.

"Arthur, what do you want to do with your life beside retiring?" Criston mused. 

"I wanna open a bar again, you remember our pub Criston.... I loved that place."   Arthur remarked and Linda glared at him.

"That's great, free drinks." Criston agreed.

"To free drinks." Aislynn agreed. 

"Ale and pubs attract ambitious men." Linda spat back and Aislynn was sure Linda had claws as she tried to rip Arthurs flesh from bone, as she grabbed his thigh. How did such a handsome little lad grow in such a hostile womb Aislynn pondered looking down at arthur's son, Billy again.

"Yeah, but. I like talking to people, getting to know them, drinking with them... make me feel connected not so...." Arthur offered feeling defeated.

"Out in the middle of fucking- sorry foecking no where." Aislynn agreed. "Gods, I need to stretch my legs get some of that fresh air you were talking about Art." Criston stood up with her. "Walk me out Art?"

"Yes." Arthur agreed getting up. "Thanks for coming." Arthur remarked once they were outside. 

"YOu are my brother and I love you... at the capital its all me, me, me sometimes and I'm sorry for that." Aislynn admitted. 

"It is about you, you are the queen right? Alicent who?" Arthur teased.

"I wont tell ALi you said that." Aislynn agreed. 

"You stole her guard too." Arthur added shaking Cristons hand again. "You look after my sister. Both of them." 

"Always." Criston agreed.

"Good lad." Arthur remarked. 

"Arthur, don't let that bitch LInda silence you. You are important. You are special. You are Arthur Fucking Shelby!" Aislynn declared and Criston laughed out. "Fucking chickens... I want a chicken, are they loud? They seem loud and messy and Clayton is going through a stick everything he sees in his mouth phase."

"You want some eggs?"

"Hell yes." Aislynn agreed.

"You are going to have to tell me the chicken story." Criston added. 

"Foecking chickens." The siblings declared still laughing.