111. Stale Oaths

''What is our standing?'

'We have 30 knights, 100 crossbowmen, and 300 men-at-arms. Dragonstone is relatively easy to defend, but as an instrument of conquest, our army leaves a lot to be desired.''

'' I've sent word to my loyal men in the City Watch. I'll have some support there, but I cannot speak to the numbers.'' Daemon remarked. 

''River Run was always a close friend to your father, Your Grace. With Prince Daemon's acquiescence...''

''I've already sent ravens to Lord Grover.'' Rhaenyra remarked.

''Lord Grover is fickle and easily swayed. He will need to be convinced of the strength of our position and that we will support him should it come to war.''

''I'm going to treat with him myself.'' Daemon corrected smugly.

''What of Storm's End and Winterfell?''

''There has never lived a Stark who forgot an oath, and with how Stark the North will follow."

"Lord Boros Baratheon will need to be reminded of his father's promises." Rhaenyra reminded them and a the pieces were slowly put on the map, territories that should be there if those were truly loyal. ''What news from Driftmark? Where is Rhaenys?"

"Technically Luke-"

"Luke knows nothing and is a child." Daemon declared.  ''And our enemies?'

+

"Rhaenys, you shouldnt have fucked with my family." Tommy remarked digging the blade in deeper. "You didnt have to die. You could have bent the fucking knee and Alicent would have probably given you driftmark." Rhaenys coughed up blood. "It's a shame... say how do I get your dragon back to the capital?" 

"Mine." She gurgled through blood pooling in the back of her throat. 

"Fine, but you die and Meleys needs a new rider." Tommy remarked. "Hell I dont need you, Aemond claimed a dragon, he can help Aislynn." Rhaenys spat blood up as he twisted the blade. "Yeah..." He drawled out. He waited for her heart to stop, her breath left her chest and he dug the blade in a little deeper. Just in case. He cleaned his blade on her dead body and moved to Meleys. She grumbled and Tommy decided, better not.

+

''We have no friends among the Lannisters. Tyland has served the Hand too long to turn against him. And Otto Hightower needs the Lannister fleet." Daemon reminded her.

'Without the Lannisters, we're not like to find any allies west of the Golden Tooth." Rhaenyra hissed.

''no..." Daemon agreed annoyed. It seemed a losing battle. Daemon didnt like to lose. 

''The Riverlands are essential, Your Grace.''

''Pray forgive my bluntness, Your Grace, but talk of men is moot. Your cause owns a power... that has not been seen in this world since the days of old Valyria. Dragons!''

''The Greens have dragons. They have three adults, by my count. We have Syrax, Caraxes, and Melyes. Your sons have Vyrmax, Arrax and Tyraxes. Baela has Moondancer." Daemon reminded everyone.

''Daemon, none of our dragons have been to war." Rhaenyra reminded him stiffly.

''There are also unclaimed dragons. Seasmoke still resides on Drithmar. Vermithor and Silverwing dwell on the Dragon Mound. Still riderless. Then there are the three wild dragons, all of whom nest here." Daemon went on. ''Dragonstone has 13 to their four. I also have a score of eggs incubating in the Dragon Mound." Dameon went on.