54. Lie to Me

Everything at Old Town was going great, Harwin was being great, a decent human being when he was miles from Rhaenyra. Aislynn loved being with her family, loved that the kids got to run and play and there wasnt a single dragon banner. God bless for that.

God bless no dragons.

"You want some cake?" John asked but Jaeton gripped tighter to him.

"Lemon tarts, I know you like lemons." Tommy agreed kissing his little forehead. Aislynn loved that Jaeton had good role models in her brothers, in Criston and Larys as well. Liked that Jaeton loved them.

"Jaeton likes lemons?" Harwin asked confused.

"He makes the cutest face when he eats lemons." Aislynn told him.

"Jaeton doesnt like lemons." John countered. "But he likes eating lemons."

"That doesnt make any sense." Harwin told them, but in truth he was upset that Aislynn's brothers knew more about Jaeton's likes and dislikes then he did. It annoyed him, made him grit his teeth.

"Jaeton likes lemons." Finn told him. "He keeps eating them."

"But then Jaeton little face scrunches up." Aislynn went on contently. "He sticks his little tongue out, shakes his head and then takes another suck. repeat the cuteness." Aislynn declared tickling at Jaetons waist and Jaeton giggled swatting at her hand.

+

"Can we start over?" Harwin whispered that night after Jaeton was tucked in.

"Start over?" aislynn mused.

"Aislynn I'm sorry." Harwin begged. "I'm not lying when I say I'm sorry."

"Lie to me, lie to me... Tell me things just because I wanna hear them." Aislynn whispered. Harwin sighed reaching out for her. "Because you did lie, you kept lying and I tried to be ignorant like Viserys but I cant. I cant..."

"I'm sorry, Aislynn I'm so sorry." Harwin begged. "Let me make it up to you." Harwin kissing along her neck hands trailing over her sides.

"You want to spend the night and tell me everything's gonna be alright, that we are going to be alright, pretend we're on the miracle mile and pretend we're fine, pretend ..." Aislyn rasped and Harwin held her.

"I fucked up. I kept fucking up... I dont know Jaeton like your brothers do. I want to change that. I want to change us. I want to do better. Please believe me." Harwin rasped.

"Cause all of the sirens going off in my head saying I've been in denial since the moment we met. Since that moment, since... Gods since you saw Rhaenyra coming back covered in blood on Aegon's second name day."

~

As Harwin had kissed her, Aislynn couldnt keep her hands to herself as she didn't know whether to hold him by the shirt or wrap her arms around his neck wanting more of him. When he pulled back she felt like the only woman in the world. But it was short lived.

They were getting on so great to but then Harwin's gaze shifted and Aislynn turned to see what catch his attention. Sure the princess coming back after her dramatic run away was something that should have been addressed but it wasn't just that.

It was how he looked at Rhaenyra when she came back covered in blood that look of pride and damn that's sexy that should have been Aislynns first warning. The way his gaze stuck to Rhaenyra and that smirk Rhaenyra gave him back knowing she had his attention.

~

"And I know you love to play pretend so Harwin, lie to me, lie to me. You looked me in the eye, even when I cried. Said all the things just because I wanted to hear it... you did that." Aislynn reminded him.

"I did. I'm sorry. I want to move on."

"Of course you do because you dont have to life with the betrayal as I do. You say you want change, you say you want Jaeton in your life yet-"

"I'm here arent I?" Harwin countered loudly.

"You looked me in the eyes, you lied, you lied again... didn't ask me why... Even when I cried thinking it was my fault, that I was the problem. You told me it was nothing... you just lied to me all the same..."