86. Over Inflated Ego is Blocking My Sun

''We join today at the seat of the sea to commit the lady Laena of house Valeryon to the eternal waters and domination of the Merling king where he will guard her for all her days to come as she sets to see for final voyage the lady Laena leaves to true born daughters on the shore though their mother will not return from her voyage they will all remain bound together in blood salt courses through velaryon blood. Ours runs thick. Ours runs true. And ours must never thin.'

''Have you seen your father?'' Rhaenyra asked coming up to Jace. ''Your little cousins have lost their mother. They could use a kind word.'' Rhaenyra offered glancing to Daemon's daughters.

''I have an equal claim to sympathy.'' Jace countered.

''Jace.''

''We should be at Harrenhal, mourning Lord Lyonel and Ser Harwin.'' Jace countered.

''It would not be appropriate. The Velaryons are our kin and the Strongs are not.'' Rhaenyra reminded him, Jace scoffed. ''Look at me. Do you understand?''

''Hand turns loom; spool of green, spool of black; dragons of flesh weaving dragons of thread. Hand turns loom; spool of green..." Helaena remarked finding a spider on the ground she eased it into her hand

''We have nothing in common.'' Aegon scoffed downing his drink

''She's our sister.'' Aemond reminded him

''You marry her, then.'' Aegon sneered grabbing another drink

''I would perform my duty, if mother had only betrothed us.'' Aemond said obediently.

''If only.'' Aegon said with a scoff.

''It would strengthen the family. Keep our Valyrian blood pure.'' Aemond reminded him

''She's an idiot.'' Aegon corrected

''She's your future queen.'' Aemond retorted.

"Ohh look, just in time for the fun." Aislynn remarked. 

 "Lord Larys is here..." Criston remarked. "Is Aislynn back? WOuld she come here?"

''Probably dancing on Harwins grave." Alicent whispered with a laugh. 

"He was at the funeral at harrenhall." Criston whispered. "Shouldnt he-"

"Larys is the new Lord of Harrenhal.'' Alicent remarked. 

"Would that seat not fall to Jaeton?" Criston countered. 

"I said fuck no, that place is a pile of junk." Aislynn corrected as she strut up. 

"Lynnie!" ALicent declared. "I didnt think you would be here."

"Danced on the grave, drank too much and said all the bullshit, it was a good time. Best fucking funeral." Aislynn agreed and Criston chuckled. Aislynn looked them over confused. "Hey good looking, are we not doing the sexy black attire for the funeral?" Aislynn mused as  Larys approached them. 

"Aislynn, i'm surprised to see you here." Rhaenyra hissed. 

"Why?" Aislynn countered innocently. 

"Harwins funeral." Rhaenyra remarked stiffly. 

"I said a great speech- Aegon honey, get auntie a drink!" Aislynn called over to him. "And then we left... why would we stay in a place like that for longer than necessary?"

"He was your husband." Rhaenyra reminded her and Aislynn clasped her hands in front of her. 

"And he was the father of your children yet you still flaunt them around as though they are Velaryon... maybe they wanted to say goodbye. My boys didnt give a damn, they had some good food though." Aislynn remarked and Alicent chuckled biting her lip. "Excuse you, you over inflated ego is blocking my sun." Aislynn added nudging Rhaenyra out of the way.

''Both my seat and High Tide will be yours one day, Lucerys

''Both my seat and High Tide will be yours one day, Lucerys.'' Corlys remarked. ''Your brother will be king, of course. He'll sit on endless councils and ceremonies, but Lord of the Tides rules the sea.'' But Luke shook his head softly.

''Sorry. I don't want it.'' He whispered.

''It's your birthright, lad.'' Corlys reminded.

"Is it?" Aislynn tsked as she passed, Luke stared back at her nervously. 

''If I'm the Lord of Driftmark, it means everyone's dead.'' Luke corrected as he walked off.

''I'm very sorry." Jace said coming up to his cousins.

''Thank you.'

''Thank you.'' The twins echoed. Rhaena grabbed Jace's hand keeping him with her as they sat in a sad silence. But Jace saw Aislynn and Jaeton here and he teased. Jaeton had made a fool of him, why were they here and not still at Harrenhall remembering Harwin? Why come here for a woman they never met? Rhaenys came up to her granddaughters and Jace stepped aside.

''Grandma..." Rhaena sobbed ''I don't want Mother to be gone.'

 ''Your girls are the very image of their mother.'' Viserys remarked ''A comfort and an anguish, as I well remember.'' Viserys added. ''The gods can be cruel.''

''It seems they've been especially cruel to you.'' Daemon remarked and Viserys chuckled.

''Yes.'' He agreed ''You should return with us to King's Landing. It's time that you came home.'' Viserys insisted.

''Pentos is my home... and that of my children.'' Daemon corrected but gaze shifted to AIslynn in all black, gorgeous as ever, a smirk on her lips as she drank down her drink but she didnt see him. He would make sure she saw him.  

''Daemon... I know we've had our differences, but let them pass with the years. There's a place for you in my court if that's something you should need.'' Viserys said softly.

''I need... nothing.'' Daemon corrected but then he saw Aislynn as gorgeous as ever and that smirk she gave him when she met his gaze. "I need something now." Daemon remarked. 

''Brother." Viserys begged as he passed. 

"Aislynn," Daemon declared moving to her. 

"Daemon... long time, you havent aged a day." Aislynn remarked. 

"You either." Daemon agreed. "Yet you gained a few children."

"And lost a husband. Win, win if you ask me." Aislynn assured. Daemon chuckled handing her a new glass and raising his own to her. 

"To the dead." Daemon declared smugly. 

"To the living." Aislynn corrected tapping her drink to his. 

"Big plans with your newly single life?" 

"Big plans indeed." Aislynn agreed handing back her once again empty glass. "Lets not go another ten years Daemon, it would be a shame."

"You and I can finally get to know each other better." Daemon offered. 

"Raven me after the next husband dies and I might consider it." Aislynn teased as she walked off. Daemon growled as she left.