108. Queen Bee

Little fires everywhere but no Aegon in sight. Erryk and Arryk looked around before hearing soft whimpers.

''"Listen.'' Coughing... groaning... the brothers shared a victorious grin before moving a panel from under the alter and pulling Prince Aegon out.

"No... No! No! Agh!" They hauled him to his feet and he groaned and shouted in protest.

''Where is the White Worm?'' Aegon demanded drunkenly.

'' She sold you for a price." Erryk informed him

''And why have you paid it?" Aegon questioned looking between them as they each held an arm captive in their grip. "I want my mother." Aegon demanded.

''Your grandfather, the Hand, will meet you outside the city walls.'' Erryk corrected. Aegon grunted pushing them away as he ran but on drunken feet he didn't get far.

"You flee what other men die seeking, Aegon." Arryk said pushing him down. Belling tolling in the distance as they made it to the light, Aemond and Criston saw Aegon being brought out.

"Found him." Jaeton declared. "That wasnt soo hard... who are they again?" Criston stepped forward. 

"Stay put Jaeton." Criston instructed. 

"Damnit, I wanted in on the action." Jaeton countered. 

"Day's still young." Aemond mused. 

''I do regret this, friend.'' Criston said pointing his sword at Erryk. Aegon threw an elbow back and made a run for it. Criston attacked Erryk as Jaeton tackled Aegon.

"Told you." Aemond remarked watching Aegon struggle under Jaeton. 

''No! Stop! No.'' Aegon shouted. Jaeton got him on his back and Aegon started giggling.

" I was hoping you disappeared." Aemond seethed coming up to them. 

'' Is our father truly dead?'' Aegon asked his smile falling.

''Yes... and they're going to make you king.'' Aemond hissed and Aegon spit up at Jaeton and Jaeton faltered back wiping at his eyes, Aegon jumped up and ran again.

Jaeton grumbled lunging at Aegon and catching him easily.

"No!" Aegon screamed out struggling in Jaeton's strong grasp.

"Are you going to help me?!" Erryk asked looking up to his brother staring down at them from a safe distance. Aemond pulled Aegon back forcing him into submission. Jaeton was strong, but Aegon was bigger and elder. Aemond could see Jaeton needed some assistance with such a squirmy Aegon. 

"No! Let me go!" Aegon contined to trash in Aemond's grip.

"Where's your brother, huh?" Criston mused his eyes darting around as his blade stayed focused on Erryk.

"Let me go! Brother! Ahh! Let me go! I have no wish to rule! No taste for duty!" Aegon pleaded. "I'm not suited."

"You'll get no argument from me." Aemond said dully.

"You let me go, I will find a ship and sail away, never to be found." Aegon continued to plead.

"It's a good idea." Jaeton offered. Aemond shook his head shoving Aegon forward. 

"The Queen awaits." Aemond hissed.

+

"Well played." Otto remarked as Alicent approached.

"None of this is a game." Alicent seethed.

''And yet you treat it as one." Otto countered. "A charming contest, the... prize, a pouch of silver." Otto put down his cup as he moved across the room to her. "We have relied on one another these many years. And now it is the good of the family that we both desire. Whatever our differences, our hearts remain as one."