Baby's vaccination

"Can't we postpone it and go on Saturday?" Preston asked as he carried Matteo out.

"No we've already postpone it twice because of you"I said rushing in the car.

"But my boy isn't ready for an injection" Preston pouts kissing his 4 month old little boy's cheek.

"He is ready,  he has to do it to keep him healthy, don't you want her healthy?"  I asked as i got in the passenger seat as he put him in his car seat.

"Fine, I guess we'll go"He said as he drove.

I chuckled at his protective-ness and worried behavior for his boy.

"It'll be fine babe" I said placing my hand on his cheek.

-

"Come on can we postpone it?"He teased me as we both made our way I the hospital.

I rolled my eyes at his and dragged him in.

-

"Hey umm, we made an appointment for our baby's vaccination under, Dr. Andrew Miller" I say to the receptionist.

"Can I get you name please?"

"Brianna Arsement"  I replied

And the little guy?

"Matteo" I replied

"Right, he's waiting for you guys on fifth floor, room 37 right by the nursery room is the pediatric clinic"  Just take the elevator and follow the yellow path you guys will be guided there" She said smiling.

"Thank you" I replied heading to the elevator with Preston behind with Matteo in his arms.

While we were in the elevator, Preston couldn't stop kissing Matteo to the point Matteo's little annoyed by his father gestures.

"Preston stop kissing him your making him annoyed" I said.

"He's scared. I can feel it"  He said,

"No, he's strong like mommy right" So he isn't scared" I say getting Matteo out from Preston's embrace and trying to get him ready.

Preston just smiled and once I opened the door, we were greeted by nurses. She thennlead us to our room. The whole level of keeping Matteo healthy made Preston searched for the best doctors in Texas to do his monthly check up and stuff.

"Hello! Nice to see you guys again" Dr. Miller said as we both walked in.

"Yes! Long time no see" Preston replied.

"Wow, look at him, he's already growing well" he said as he played with Matteo.

Preston smiles seeing Matteo giggles and laughs, feeling thankful he wasn't scared like he is right now.

"Okay, I want you too hold him and try to distracted him when I put the needle in" But don't move or do anything okay?" The Dr. Instructed as Preston sat down with Matteo on his lap.

"How's The mommy doing?" The doctor asked as I watched his prepare the needle.

"I'm doing fine! Thanks" I replied

I was nervous but I know Preston is more that nervous.

The doctor played with Matteo for a while and wiped a spot to inject the vaccine. Matteo started feeling nervous as he starts to whimper and moving so much, but Preston was trying to distracted him from looking at the needle.

"Look at daddy baby" He said trying contain his nervousness.

The doctor pushed the needle in his arm and he starts to cry. I pouted hearing my baby cry and Preston suddenly panicked too.

"Good job! Matteo" Dr Miller said placing a cotton to the injected area.

Preston pressed on the cotton as he continues to cry.

"It's okay baby, you're done, you did a great job" He said placing a kiss on to his temple.

He turned his head gave out for me to pick him up. I immediately carried him and I kissed his chubby cheek as I bounced him trying to calm him down.

"Soon after he just finished crying and just sobbing"

"It's okay baby, you're okay my love" I said moving his head gently to a more comfortable spot.

"Oh my baby you did well"  He said rubbing his back while we waited for an elevator.

653 words