Sweet Babies 2

Riley - 2yrs old {Riley one of the Arsements Twins} Riley & Ryker

Preston Pov

"Daddy!"

I jumped out of bed, before running towards Riley's room. I don't know how but I always able to tell the difference between Riley and Ryker's voice when it come to screaming and crying.

Well Bri calls it "Parental Intuition" which makes a lot of sense because she's able to do it too. In a different way, it makes me feel better since I don't have a way to spend extra time trying to figure out which one's upset and which one's not. Swinging Riley's  door, I Ean over to the window, where my little girl was standing and staring outside.

What is it baby? Are you hurt? I asked frantically, knelt down to her level and holding her side.

Daddy! She shouted again, turning her head to look at me. Her eyes were wide and she looked at me panicked. "We have to go outside!" Riley grabbed my t-shirt, pulling me as hard as she can with all her strength as she said "Huwwy Daddy".

"Baby, why do we have to go outside" I raised an eyebrow "Is something happening outside?

Yeah! Riley nodded quickly. "All the leafies are falling off the trees daddy! We have to save them" As the realization hit me, gentle warm smile covers my face and i begun to chuckle. Riley furrowed her eyebrows, clearly not under what I found hilarious about her nature concerns.

Composing myself into pieces thinking how would I answer a 2 year old and her hysterical question. Sweetheart, it's okay that the leaves are falling of the trees with its flowers. They are meant to do that hun.

But.. but theyw not gween any more. Riley frowned.  They look sick, daddy.

No, baby the leaves aren't sick. I took her face to my hands.

Well technically the leaves are dying. That happens in fall after all.  But I knew if I tell Riley that the leaves are dying she will be just upset as she is now. She's very sensitive to leaving creatures, which in sense making her alot like bri. I mean she does look like her Riley is most likely little or mini version of Bri and Ryker a mini version of me.

So why are they falling of if they not die. She asked.

Err... I racked my brain to come up with a good answer for my 2 year old daughter "uhh toddlers just have to many questions in life" I sighed as I think of an good facade. Well hmm  you see princess, when it starts to get colder outside; the leaves wanted  place somewhere with warmth.

But daddy the ground isn't warm. Riley responds

Well the ground it's just they're first step. I continued gaining more confidence on this little telltales I made up. Because once they all on the ground the wind will brush them off somewhere warmer.

But won't they mish the twees? Riley worriedly say. The twee is their house,

Oh, don't worry, princess, the leaves will soon come back. They will just go into a long long vacation for winter time. When spring comes back. You'll see the leafies growing back again and guess what they'll be green again!

Owkay. Riley seems to accept my story. But still don't understand why they were brown.

This one.. I'm not sure how to explain it to a toddler.

Why would leaves want to change color when they go vacation? She ask I was completely stuck in that one.

Daddy! Why they Brown? Riley responds- inquired again.

Umm well they're brown cause they're bore of being green! I finally explained.  The leaves  just want a little outfit changed. You Riley do you
like to wear the same shirt color every single day? I asked her and she shooked her head in response and pointed  a finger on her pajamas. Yeah like you jammies you don't want them the same every single day right. Riley just nods her head I think completely understanding her question.

Love you Dada! She said as i threw her up and kissing her forehead.
I love you too baby! I said in response.

Come on now Breakfasts ready! Bri yelled disturbing our father and daughter time.

713 words