chap 49: Competition iii (F&B)

"Smell something burns" replied Freen. After a few seconds of digesting everything, both of them gasp and look at the stove.

"Our food!!!!" Shout them and go to the stove and saw ruined cook. They close the stove and open the pot's close.

"We're dead." Said Freen and sighed. Mio also nodded agree.

They only have 30 minutes left before they have to wake up Becky.

"Let's quickly clean up and start over," said Freen and hold Mio's shoulder to give encouragement.

"Can't we just order food?" Ask Mio. Freen shook her head.

"No, Becky can know whether the food was homemade cooking or from a restaurant. Don't waste any time right now, hurry!"

They clean up as fast as lightning in 10 minutes and start to cook back. They just made simple food using ingredients left, forgetting the existence of the camera Freen set up.

Becky appeared when they were still busy cooking. She smiles a bit when sees both of them focusing on their cooking. Then she saw the camera that Freen set up.

She looks into it without them realising and was shocked at what had happened. Becky act like she didn't know anything and put the camera back at its original place.

"What are you doing?" Ask Becky in a cheerful voice. Just holding her anger inside since right now, Freen and Mio didn't argue.

Freen and Mio were startled when Becky suddenly appear in the kitchen.

"You already awake? You can wait for theŕ first, we almost finish." Reply Frèen nervous, afraid that Becky will sense something going on between them.

"Yeah, Becky. Wait for 5 minutes... we are almost ready" said Mio, focusing on her cooking. Becky didn't listen to them but instead observe what happened. She stands beside Mio, looking at what she doing.

"What is that?" Ask Becky, sound like a teacher observing her student. Mio takes a glance at Becky before answering her questions.

"I just make salmon sushi. Simple but delicious " Mio grinned and continue to do her work. Becky stares at Mio.

"What happened to your forehead?" Ask Becky seriously. Mio touches her forehead.

"I bang onto the door just now" reply Mio honestly making Freen's eyes widen. Shocked how can Mio tell the truth?

"Why didn't you apply some cold compress on it?" Becky frowned.

"I'm busy cooking." Reply Mio. Becky goes to the fridge to take some ice and put it in a cold compress bag. Then she gives it to Mio.

"Thank you," said Mio, taking it and putting it on her forehead. Becky can see how messy Mio's hair but she will handle that later.

After that, she goes to Freen. She can see how messy Freen is, just like Mio and she also notices a red spot beside Freen's head. She frowned again. 'Just what actually happened?' She didn't know how they can get hurt like this.

"What are you doing?" Ask Becky then wrap her hand o Freen's waist, and give her a back hug.

"Erm... I just make a toast. Of course with my own recipe. You gonna like it" reply Freen. Becky keep quiet for a moment, and didn't respond to Freen making Freen nervous since she can't see Becky's expression.

"Hmmm... okay. Make it delicious or..."

"Or what?" Freen cut Becky's words.

"Nothing. Keep going babe. By the way, what's wrong with your side forehead? Don't say you bang onto the door" ask Becky. Freen touch where Becky mentions, where Mio hit her hard just now.

"Erm... maybe when I take utensils from the cabinet, I bang my head on it. I don't even realise it, babe. Thanks" said Freen, about to go to the fridge to take some ice and make a cold compress. Becky hold Freen's waist tight, and didn't release the hug make Freen couldn't move.

"You stay here. Let me do it for you" Offer Becky. Freen just nodded, understand and continue to cook.

Becky makes another one cold compress like Mio's and help Freen apply it on the red spot while continuing to hug Freen from behind.

"Thank you, babe." Freen give a forehead kiss to Becky and grins happily. In fact, she just wants to cover her nervousness. After 5 minutes of watching Freen cooking, Becky stops applying the cold compress on Freen.

"Here, take it. I'll go freshen up first before coming down."Becky gives a quick kiss on Freen's cheek before leaving the kitchen.

The atmosphere in the kitchen becomes normal back when Becky is already gone. Freen and Mio look at each other, relief that they didn't get caught.

Just at that moment, they have enough time to observe each other condition.

"Are your hair that messy with flour?" Ask Freen.

"And your head got some vegetables on it." Said Freen. The realisation hit them hard.

"Did Becky see us in this condition?" Freen freak out.

"We're busted already," said Mio.

"What should we do?" Freen just remembered that she lied to Becky just now.

"Ask for forgiveness?" Suggest Mio.

"I don't think that will do. I just lied to her just now. I'm dead." Freen grab her hair, nervous about how she can make Becky forgive her later

"Who asks you to lie? I told her the truth." Said Mio, and smirked.

"Then I'll just tell the truth. You not gonna get off the hook since you're the one who causes this red spot" 🤪. Mio stare at Freen 😑.

"Sokay. I think I have some sleeping bag at the store. Hmm... not bad. I haven't had camping in a while" said Mio.

After 10 minutes, they done set up the food on the table. Freen takes the camera and put it facing the table to record Becky's reaction.

Becky comes down with a short and baggy hoodie with her hair tied in a bun. Mio looked at the hoodie, which seem familiar to her.

"Where you got that hoodie?" Ask Mio. Becky looks at the white hoodie she wears.

"I found it in the closet. I thought you put it there so I thought you don't mind if I wear it." Said Becky. Mio just shook her head. 'I should throw all of her things after this'.

"No, you can take it. I don't need that anymore" Mio then pull out the chair for Becky to sit. Didn't realize her involuntary action spark jealousy in a certain people.

"Thank you" Becky sit and look at the food. Sushi and 'special' toast?

Freen and Mio take a seat in front of Becky, anticipating Becky's reaction.

"In one hour and a half, you just make this?" Ask Becky. Freen and Mio move in synchronise and hold their back neck.

"Yeah, there's a lot of preparation we need to do," said Mio. Becky just nodded, understood. Didn't want to start interrogating them now.

She eats Mio's sushi first.

"Hmm.. delicious. Just a simple food can be this tasty huh? Any secret ingredients because I believe you do have." Ask Becky. Mio smirk.

"You got it right. But since it's a secret, then... I'm not gonna tell you. Just enjoy it" said Mio and give a victory smile to Freen. Freen grit her teeth, annoyed with Mio's reaction.

Becky moves to Freen's food. She take a bite and then nodded a bit.

"Hmm, yummy. All the seasoning is just great." Comment Becky. This time, Freen smirked victory at Mio. Mio just rolled her eyes.

Suddenly, Becky takes out a pen and a piece of paper from the hoodie's pocket. Mio look at what was written on it.

"Criminal Law? Law and organized crime?"