Chap 47: Competition i (F&B)

Mio takes her sweet time, having breakfast and doing a simple yoga even though the clock is almost points at 8.30 o'clock.

Freen and Becky had already gone with their manager. Their manager came one hour earlier, knowing how hard to wake up both of them early in the morning.

But what make she surprised her was, when she arrived, Freen and Becky already go for a morning walk and buy breakfast. When she asked Mio who was back from jogging and how she made Freen and Becky woke up so early, she only get a simple answer.

"Just set the loudest alarm tone and throw it between them. They gonna wake up" replied Mio. She just nodded but when she think back, she already tried that once but she only received a death stare from Freen. So she didn't dare to do it again.

"Do you have any other tips?" She asks. Becky frowns her eyebrows.

"Maybe you can try splash them with a bucket of water. I didn't try yet. Just about to try this morning but they already wake up." Mio gives their manager a glass of milk, assuming that she hasn't had breakfast.

"Then, you know how they get up today?" Still didn't satisfy with Mio's answer. Mio stare into her eyes before sighing a bit.

"That was the rule for them to stay here. Buy breakfast every day or they gonna sleep outside" reply Mio before she leaves her alone in the kitchen, and go to her room to change her cloth.

While the manager still wandering alone in the kitchen, Freen and Becky come back with breakfast. They have breakfast without Mio and get ready to go.

***

Mio looked at the clock, 8.40 o'clock. She gets up from the yoga pose and gets ready to work. She wears a black turtle neck sweater and black skin fit slack, matching with a coffee coat and white boot. She let go of her hair, and didn't tie it as usual.

When she arrived, she saw they already start the shooting but from what she know, today was a photoshoot only so she assume they won't have any problem.

"Mio. Why did you come so late?" whined Becky while walking toward Mio and hugging her. Mio looks at Freen asking why with her eyes. Freen just shrugged off, also didn't know.

"For the first time, she having a problem understanding the English language." Their manager answers it instead. Mio mouth makes o shape.

"Don't worry. It's not your fault" Mio patted Becky's back then she let go of Mio.

After the appearance of Mio, they get to interact with others more smoothly.

Today, their photoshoot was from 9 a.m to 5 p.m straight with 1-hour rest for lunch. Almost 20 outfits they need to wear. After finishing the photo shoot, they change into casual cloth.

"Arghh... I'm so tired...." Freen hugs around Becky's shoulder and rests her head on Becky's shoulder while they walk toward their car. Becky patted Freen's head.

"You did great, babe. Good job for today," said Becky. Freen give Becky a quick kiss on the cheeks before roaming her eyes around just to make sure there are no paparazzi.

"Here" Mio give them an envelope that she just take from her car. They took it and peek inside it before their eyes widened.

"Why is there so much money in it?" Ask Becky.

"You two not gonna depend on on me right the whole time. I'm not your sugar mommy." Reply Mio.

"But, this is too much and we can use our own money. Just bring us the bank to change our money currency. Isn't you the same as sugar mommy if you gave us this money?" Said Freen. Mio stare at Freen. 'Hold it Mio, don't start a fight.' Mio fights the devil inside her that want to fight back against what Freen just said.

"That's not my money. It was my father's money. You can consider it like a father who gives his children an allowance each month. But if you don't want it, you can give me back" said Mio, handing out her hand, asking for the envelope. Freen hides it behind her back.

"Oh, if it was uncle who give it, it's okay then. Well, I do consider him like a father. Right, Becky?" Said Freen. Becky just nodded agreeing. Mio rolled her eyes and keep her hand by her side. Well, she can't deny the fact of how kind her father is toward her friends. Maybe because they can calculate with their hands how many friends she has.

"Whatever. Let's get our dinner. You wanna eat at home or a restaurant?" Ask Mio.

"Home? You can cook?" Freen narrowed her eyes, questioning Mio's ability to cook.

"Of course, I can, but I never cook for anybody. But as I remembered, you have tried my cooking another day," reply Mio. Freen smirk.

"Well, yes. I just eat it because I've got no option. I'm really hungry at that time. Even stick and rock I'll say it's delicious." Freen didn't want to admit that indeed the porridge and the soup were good.

"Really? Maybe that time I was forced to cook so there's no sincerity in it. Or maybe you just don't deserve to taste how good my cooking is." Reply Mio, didn't want to acknowledge Freen's taste bud.

"Of course no one deserves it. Your food must be inedible for people to eat. Or... you just so bad at cooking until no one wanna try your food. Ergh, when I think back.... how can I swallow it." Freen mocking Mio. Becky nudges her hand, and warn her to stop teasing Mio.

"You said like you are a master in cooking." Mio rolled her eyes.

"Of course I am. Right, Becky?" Becky just shook her head, how can this simple topic turn into this mess?

"Look, she shook her head. Becky must have suffered so much just to say that your cooking is delicious." Mio smirk, winning. Freen was shocked when Becky shook her head.

"Becky? Are you serious?" Ask Freen again.

"No, your food is delicious," said Becky, sounded like she gave up to try to stop them.

"Becky, you don't have to force yourself. Just say it. She must know the truth so she can stop doing what she is bad at" Mio made face to assure Becky that it is okay if she is honest.

Freen stares into Mio's eyes while gritting her teeth. "Then, let's have a competition. Who cooks better!" She challenged Mio. Mio raised her left eyebrow, interested in Freen's challenge. 😏

"What's wrong? Here, Freen, Becky. Your scrip." Their manager who just arrive there handed out two booklets to them and look at three women in front of her weirdly. Becky seems very stressed right now while the other two smirk at each other.

"Thank you" Becky take the booklets from her manager.

"Okay, I accept. Tonight, at 7 o'clock. Becky will be the judge. How's that sound?" Said Mio, accepting the challenge.

"What happened Becky?" Whisper her manager.

"Just some daily fight. I think you can go back first. We will go back with Mio. Here, take this money and get yourself dinner. Sorry that we can't accompany you." Said Becky. She can predict where their destination after this. She doesn't want her manager to starve herself by having dinner with them.

"Okay then, you need to cook in one hour and a half. Any cuisine but not spicy. The judge got kid's taste bud." Add Freen into the condition.

"Then I'll go first. See you tomorrow "