Chap 4 : Job discussion

After Mio success to run away from her busy life and weird neighbor, she fresh up herself before go to bed. When she lying on her king sized bed, suddenly she think that her neighbor who look like a teenager. 'is she live alone there? How can she survive alone? I mean, for such a small girl like her, shouldn't she still stay with her parents or someone who can take care of her?' she thought it weird but decide not to being nosy with other live. There is still a long journey ahead of her. This job is just one of the process to achieve her dream.

If you all wonder what her dream is, so do I. I want to know too what her dream. She live such a comfortable life where she can get anything she want but decide to do herself.

8.00 am, at the café located 100 meter from Mio's condo.

Mio sit at the table at the corner, her favorite place when she go to this café to have her breakfast. Usually, she will just come wearing her hoodie and sweatpants but since this is formal meeting, she need to dress up herself.

Her appointment with khun jim should be at 8.15 am but now, the clock show it is 8.30 o'clock right now. She was wondering should she wait for him or should she call him or should she just leave? Just kidding. She decide to wait for 10 more minute before call khun jim.

Suddenly a man come into the cafe with such a fancy look. Hmmm, he got some fashion sense. Mio compliment the man in his head but then she start to feel nervous as the man walk toward her. 'don't say this is khun jimm' whispered her slowly and her guess was right when that man take place in front of her. Mio straighten her way she seat quickly as she want to appear as professional as she can.

(in English)

"hi, im sorry for making you wait. I met someone I know here and have some small talk a bit with her. By the way, as we have talk in the phone, I'm jim" khun jim explain to Mio the reasons why he late and offer handshake to Mio.

" no, its okay. I mean, its comfortable here so I don't mind waiting for you a bit" she than hold khun jim hand.

" do you want to order drink?" ask Mio again before she called for the waiter. Mio has order her drink as soon as she arrive here. Khun jim order ice americano and a bread. Maybe he still haven't breakfast yet? Mio make her own assumption.

"okay, lets start our meeting. So I'll give some brief introduction about our program and then you can sign out contract. Here is the schedule that we were plan to do." Khun jim give me a file containing activities from morning to night.

"were planning to do shooting in one full day because of some external force that make us do this decision. So basically your job is just to take picture of our artist. We plan to do it as a game so the winner will get reward. Beside you, there is 4 more photographer that will join us because there is five couple who of artist who will join us."

"five couple? Its gonna be a long lonely day." Mio make a joke with a bit bitter expression on her face. Not that she gonna get jealous, it just that she hope that she will not gonna witness something too sweet that she cannot handle.

"don't worry, this video is for 15+ so I think there will be no too sweet action or you just need to hope that you got couple that doesn't show too much pda? Okay, back to the topic, I've set role for your role that is amateur photographer. There will be professional and intermediate photographer. Based on what you told me, you just got yourself in this industry" Mio only nodded as she hear khun jim explain.

There is nothing that she want to complain. "oh yeah, khun jim. I don't have to expose my face during filming right. I mean, I want to keep my privacy, you know. Its gonna be my first time to exposed myself to the world so I hope that I can keep some space for myself" ask Mio hoping that khun jim will understand.

"okay, sure. So here, our contract. I'll add one more condition where I'll make sure not to get yourself exposed to public." Khun jim write on the contract before hand over the contract to Mio. Mio read all the condition carefully before sign it.

The meeting with khun jim just take like one hour and after that we bid farewell. Tomorrow we will meet again for the shooting. The shooting look like in hurry but actually Mio was hired just because there is photographer that withdraw from the shooting because of personal reason and Mio need to thanks for that person. She got the opportunity to join the shooting.

When Mio just want to leave the café, Mio saw a girl who look so stress with a laptop and a book in front of her. She go to the barista, want to ask about the girl she never seen before. ( I felt like she is talking about herself, a girl who rarely come to Thailand talk like she has been here for the whole time)

The barista said that the girl have final exam for tomorrow chemistry subject and chemistry is her enemy. Now she is trying to understand everything in less than 24 hour before exam. Mio know how that felt because like the girl to, she never have chemistry with chemistry subject. she too cant understand why we need to learn about all of that thing. ( she just wanted to give excuse not to learn this subject)

"give her latte, its on me. Say that she shouldn't sleep tonight because she gonna mess her exam tomorrow. She gonna regret this" say Mio before leave. The barista look at Mio's figure, trying to figuring out Mio's work. 'is she sympathy with the girl or she just wanna be mean to the girl. I don't know, I don't care' say the barista before serve the latte to the girl.

" I didn't order this" say the girl after the waiter serve to her.

"someone treat you, she say that you shouldn't sleep tonight because you gonna regret it" say the waiter. The girl accept with a warm smile.

"how she know that I do really need to stay up, even I never give hope in chemistry subject, at least I need to try my best. Right?"

The waiter and the barista exchange look, didn't understand both of their customers.