Chap 14: tragedy (F&B)

"Lets go, join them to find Freen and Becky" say Daniel. Mio agree and follow Daniel. They go direction opposite of the village. Direction to the city.

Almost one hour they search for them but still didn't found it. Mio start to shed tear quietly, didn't want to Daniel to notice.

Khun Meng called Daniel, inform them that they have found Freen and Becky. He told Daniel that they are okay, just a bit injured. Daniel look at Mio to inform her but stunned to when see Mio's tear running like Niagara fall.

They go to convenient store first before go back to homestay. Mio got some water and food.

When they reach homestay, Khun Meng and 2 other villagers are waiting for them outside of the room.

"What actually happened to them.?" ask Daniel. Khun Meng sigh before start the story.

"Actually, they got lost in the forest. They told us that they saw a dog, the one that always sat under the big tree, go into the forest. They afraid that the dog will get lost so they recklessly follow it. Little they know that they are the one who will get lost." said Khun Meng.

"Actually, lot of backpackers have told us similar story, either they saw a kid, a women or a girl that enter the forest and they follow them. End up they got lost. It is quite fortunate that we found them because usually, all people who have got lost take 2 or 3 days to go out from that forest." one of the villager that seem a bit younger than Khun Meng continued.

"Yup, we don't know the exact story what actually happened, but it's good that we have found your friend." said the other villager that look like in the middle of 20th.

"Thank you for helping us." said Mio before excuse herself and go inside the room.

"Why don't you all just put a warning sign there? What if others will got lost again in the future?" ask Daniel curious since similar incident had happened before.

"Errr... we believe that in we do that, we might disturb things that living there." Khun Meng replied. Daniel just nod understand. Respect with their decision.

"Then, we will excuse ourselves. You too, take some rest" said Khun Meng before go back with the others. Daniel also go to his room.

While inside Mio room, Freen and Becky just finish freshen up their self when Mio enter the room.

Mio eyes look a bit puffy because of crying. She look at Freen and Becky that standing not far from her, looking at her. For a moment, they stare each other without say anything.

" Do you guys hungry? I've bought some food" Mio break the silent and show the plastic at her hand.

Becky help Freen to sit on the bed before go toward Mio who is still standing like a statue in front of the door.

"Are you okay? You look quite tired..." Ask Becky in worried tone. Mio just replied with a small nod.

"Woww.... Are you worried about us? Wuu.. so sweet~~ We just go for a walk and unfortunately got lost. it not like we were being kidnap or what" said Freen, trying to joke with a bit of mockery tone.

"Freen, why did you say something like that?" said Becky with warning tone. She then go to the kitchen to search for first aid kit.

Mio replied with a sharp glare to Freen and smirk a bit.

"Consider your condition like that and you still can joke around, I assume you are really okay. I'm glad then" ' I don't want to experience that again' Mio mumbled at her last sentence.

"What did you say?" ask Freen when she can't hear the last sentence.

"Nothing! Just go dress up your wound and eat. Your face look like a hunger goblin that doesn't eat for a week." replied Mio before run to the kitchen.

Deep in her heart, she felt relieve that Freen and Becky are safe. She just don't know how to express it when Freen react like that... her ego win this time.

"What did you say? You said I'm a goblin? Yeah!!! I'm the most handsome women that even can make straight girl fall for me okay!" shout Freen but Mio react by close her ears with both of her hand.

Freen want to catch Mio but with her injured leg, she can only throw a pillow but didn't reach Mio.

"Did you found the first aid kit?" Ask Mio but Becky pout her mouth and shake her head.

"It's okay, I have it in my car. I'll go take it." Mio go to her car, grab the first aid kit. After give it to Becky, she go freshen up herself and when she done, Freen and Becky had already sit at dining table, eating instant noodle.

Mio take a seat in front of them and join them to eat instant noodle. They told Mio about how they get lost in the forest. They say that they walk in a circle, keep on reaching at the same place. And what make Mio laugh out laud was because Freen's idea that want to climb a tree and end up fell. Her legs cannot react properly before landing on the ground, make her left leg sprained.

"What are you thinking? Did you think you are a monkey? Want to climb such a tall tree? HAHAHAHA" Mio couldn't hold her laugh and Freen stuffed Mio mouth with bread. Her face was as red as tomato. When she think back, she do felt like she was an idiot trying to climb that tree.

"So, how you gonna go back tomorrow? Freen, I won't let you drive with your crippled leg. Becky... can you drive?" ask Mio.

"Er... yeah... maybe I can" replied Becky, not confident with her answer.

"Hahahaha, you want to drive Becky? You rather not because I think in gonna take a whole day to reach Bangkok. With you maximum speed 40 km/h, I'm afraid that there will be traffic jam on the highway" Becky face blush when Freen said so.

"That's true... well, you want to call your manager to come take you? Or I can give you a ride." Ask Mio. Becky look at Freen like Freen is the one who hold the power to make decision.

"But, my car..."

"Daniel will solve that problem for you" said Mio. Freen agree to ride with Mio. They continue chat for an hour before decide to sleep early. They will not go back on the afternoon since Mio still got something to attend to.

Just like other night, war of sleep still happen between Mio and Freen just not as aggressive as before... more to Mio give up to fight back because Freen in injured right now. She give Freen a chance.