Chapter 79-Blood Lock

Enid and Ajax were sat on Enid's bed, they were both chuckling when Enid's claws suddenly rasped out.

"Whoa. Are you okay? You're not gonna, like, wolf out on me, are you? It is a full blood moon." Ajax said.

"I'm okay, I think. But this is helping." Enid said smiling.

Enid chuckles and then her phone chimes.

"Hey! Eugene, how are you?"

"Have you seen Wednesday or Monday?" He asked.

"No, she left this afternoon. Didn't she swing by to see you?" Enid asked.

"Hmm Listen, Principal Weems and her went and confronted Ms. Thornhill. But I haven't heard a peep from either of them." Eugene told her.

"Why would they confront Ms. Thornhill?" She asked.

"Because she's behind everything that's happened. She's the bad guy... bad woman. She's just a really bad person. Okay." Eugene said.

"Ajax and I will go check out the conservatory." Enid assured him.

"Yo. Bee boy, welcome back." Ajax said happily.

"What's he doing in your room?" Eugene asked.

"Um..." the door opened "Wha...?"

"Slow down! What happened?"

"Principal Weems?"

"What the hell is going on?"

"What about Wednesday?"

"Tyler and Thornhill took her?"

"Where?"

"Crackstone's crypt, what the heck?"

"Who are the Nightshades?"

"I'll... I'll explain on the way. Come on." Ajax said as him and Enid ran out of her dorm.

"Guys. Guys?" Eugene yelled through the phone.

"Calm down, Eugene." His mother said.

"That gorgon is a moron." Eugene said getting out of his hospital bed.

"It... It could be dangerous. If Enid's right, and those girls have been taken, we need to call the sheriff." Eugenes Mom tried to make him see reason.

"Mom, I've got to go. Wednesday and Monday are my only friends, and if their in trouble, I've got to help. It's hive code."

——————————————————

Monday woke up groggily and found she was in manacles hooked to the celling.

Tyler walked up to her grinning "Kind of a déjà vu thing we got going on, huh?"

"Except I won't cry and whine like a child." Monday replied with a smirk remembering how he was when Wednesday lightly tortured him.

Laurel walked in "Tyler, go wait by the boat." She commanded.

"Yes. Listen to your master and be a good little Hyde." Monday jeered.

Laurel sighed "I have to admit ...that shape-shifting stunt with Weems almost worked. But as my father always said, "If you want to outsmart an outcast, you got to out-think 'em." You know, we have roots that go all the way back to Joseph Crackstone."

"So you come from a line of psychotic killers too." Monday said in a fake excited voice.

"Joseph Crackstone was a visionary, dedicated to protecting normies from outcasts until his life was cut short by your ancestor, Goody Addams." Laurel spat.

"And then, to add insult to injury, they stole his land to build that abomination of a school. But, throughout the centuries, my family has remained committed to Crackstone's mission. My brother died serving that cause. I decided to take a different approach. The supernatural."

Laurel placed the body parts around the coffin.
"Tyler's been collecting these body parts to resurrect Crackstone. The one man who nearly succeeded in eradicating the outcasts."

"You can't wake the dead. Believe me, Wednesday has tried."

"I believe your ancestor Goody Addams would disagree." Laurel said pulling out a book.

"Goody's Book of Shadows. You're the one that stole the original from Pilgrim World." Monday said remembering how annoyed Wednesday was about it.

"It wasn't enough for Goody to kill Crackstone. She had to curse his soul too." Laurel said.

"What does this have to do with me?" Monday asked confused.

"My dear Monday, you are the key. Your arrival at Nevermore set the chubby wheels of my plan in motion."

Laurel gestured to the Coffin "Goody sealed Crackstone in his sarcophagus with a blood lock. Only one of her direct descendants can open it."

"You and your sister are the key. A living descendant on the night of a blood moon. So... I bided my time, and I made you and your sister feel special until you were ready to be sacrificed. I was originally going to use Wednesday but it would be much more fun using the girl who looks identical to Goody."