Chapter 25-Outreach Day 3

BACK AT PILGRIM WORLD

Wednesday spoke in German. "Enjoy your "authentic" pilgrim fudge made with cacao beans procured by the oppressed indigenous people of the Amazon."

"What?" One asked.

"All proceeds go to uphold this pathetic whitewashing of American history. Also, fudge wasn't invented for another 258 years." Wednesday gave them a fake smile as she said in English "Any takers?"

"No, no, no." Everyone left the shop.

——————————————————

Eugene is sat on the bench eating some fudge when some boys come round the corner. "Ugh" Eugene gasped.

"Check out this greedy little freak."

Eugene looked down "Please, I need to get back to the..." his stomach rumbles queasily and then Eugene nervously puked on them.

"Whoa, yuck!"

"Yuck, man. Come here!"

Eugene flinched away but they grabbed him and dragged him to the stocks "Get in there!"

Wednesday walked over "Howdy, Pilgrims. Let him go."

"You want to end up in the stocks too?" They asked.

"Remember what happened the last time we did this dance?"

"Get her!"

Wednesday grabbed and broke an arm. And tapped him in the stocks.

"Are you two still here?" She asked.

"I can't get into more trouble with my dad." One said.

"No, wait! Lucas."

Let's get you cleaned up. Wednesday told Eugene.

——————————————————
MEANWHILE AT THE WEATHERVANE

"Your a fast learner" Tyler complimented.

Monday blushed lightly "thanks" she said.

"I think you are ready to try and serve your first customer by yourself" he said.

Monday forgot herself momentarily and hugged him. Before running to take her place at the front desk. She eagerly waited for her first customer.