Chapter 33-Pictures

Miss Thorn-hill began teaching "While most plants reward their pollinators with sweet nectar, many carnivorous varieties turn to sеxual trickery or deception."

Xavier grunted and noticed Monday looking at him. "I tweaked my back fencing." But that's not what she had noticed. Monday had noticed three massive claw marks in his neck.

Miss Thorn-hill continued "The orchid produces a pheromone that mimics a female insect, luring the males in. Now, once the plant is pollinated, what do the male insects get in exchange? Nada."

"Just like all the guys at the Rave'N." Someone joked and the whole class started to laugh.

"Okay, okay. I know you're all excited about Saturday, which is why I haven't assigned any homework." Cheers began resounding in the room when she announced no homework.

"Yes!" Miss Thorn-Hill tires to settle them "But I do still need volunteers for the decorating committee. Anyone interested, come and see me up here."

"You're not gonna volunteer?" Xavier asked "Aren't you pumped about disco balls and spiked punch? There's even a DJ. MC Blood Suckaz." Xavier said to Monday.

Monday was about to answer when Wednesday walked over "We'd rather stick needles in our eyes. I'll probably do that anyway." Wednesday said walking away .

"Or you could invite someone and have a little fun." Xavier said before grunting again.

"I would but I don't want to leave Wednesday by herself. Besides who would I go with. You" she joked before going back to her dorm.
——————————————————

"I need to do this. Xavier didn't get those scratches from fencing despite what my sister may believe. He's hiding something."
Wednesday broke into the shed where Xavier stored his work.

All of the pictures were of the monster they had seen.
"I suppose every artist needs a muse." Wednesday said "Xavier, you just became that much more interesting."
Wednesday grabbed some pictures before walking out and back towards the school that's when she heard.
"Wednesday." Xavier called.

"Xavier. Hello."

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing." Wednesday answered.

"I just saw you come out this way." Xavier said suspiciously.

"What is this place?"

"It's kind of my private art studio. I cleared it out, fixed it up, so Weems let me use it."

"How very entrepreneurial. I would love to see inside. Why don't you give me a tour?" Wednesday suggested.

Xavier got very defensive "Not right now. It's a total mess."

Wednesday rolled her eyes. "I shadowed a crime scene photographer last summer. I'm not easily fazed."

"Maybe another time. Why were you looking for me?"

" I wanted to go over Ms. Thornhill's homework assignment." Wednesday said quickly.

"She didn't give us homework. Remember? Why are you really out here? Is this about a certain dance that makes you want to poke needles into your eyes, perhaps? I'm all ears." Xavier joked knowing Wednesday would never ask him, not that he wanted her to. He'd rather go with Monday.

Sometimes intentions melt in the face of unexpected opportunity. If this was my chance to get up close and personal with a potential serial killer, how could I refuse?

"Are you really going to make me ask?" Wednesday said.

"Oh, absolutely." He said still jokily.

"Would you... Would... Would you possibly consider going to the Rave'N dance with a certain... Would... Would you go to the dance with me?" Wednesday stuttered.

Xavier chuckled in hysteria and stupidly said "Yes, Wednesday, I would love to go to the dance with you. I thought you'd never ask"

Wednesday walked away annoyed and gritting her teeth. "Neither did I."

Only when Wednesday had walked away did Xavier realise what he had done.