Chapter 46-Family Therapy

"So, who wants to start?" Kimbott asked when she got no reply she tried again "Maybe we can discuss what it's like having Wednesday and Monday away from home?"

Everyone remained silent. Pugsley sighed "I mean, for me..." he hesitated " ...it's been hard not having Wednesday and Monday around. I never thought I'd miss being waterboarded so much."

Dr Kimbott smiled "Morticia, Gomez. How have you been coping?"

"It's been torture for us too." Morticia said.

Gomez told Kimbott "Fortunately, my brother Fester's rack fits two people."

Morticia agreed "Nothing like a good stretch to bring out the best in each other."

"Querida mía." Morticia and Gomez began kissing passionately.

The rest of them all sat there in an awkward silence. "Um..."

"Enough! I think it's high time our parents faced the music. It seems they've been lying to us. Keeping secrets. Murderous secrets that need to be addressed." Monday said.

"Who was Garrett Gates, and why are you accused of murdering him?" Wednesday asked agreeing with Monday.

"Whoa." Pugsley sighed shocked.

"Those charges were dropped. Your father is an innocent man." Morticia told them strictly.

"Local sheriff doesn't seem too convinced." Monday told them.

"Monday, stop. This is neither the time nor the place."

Kimbott tried to get involved "Actually, this is exactly the place. These sessions are..."

"Doctor." Morticia said sharply "This does not concern you. And I refuse to debate a decades-old witch-hunt with you right now."

"I... Darling, maybe we should..." Gomez tried to say.

"No. This session is over." Morticia said stomping out of the room.

"Have it your way, Mother." Wednesday said storming off with Monday.

"Monday, Wednes... Wednesday?" Gomez pleaded.

"If you refuse to tell us the truth, we'll just have to excavate it ourselves."

"You..."

"Thanks for the candy." Pugsley said handing the bowl back to her.

"Actually, that's potpourri. Why don't you take the bowl?"

"What were you thinking? How could you ambush your father like that? Wednesday.Monday."

"How could we? You insisted we go to this school. Did you really think we wouldn't find out your secret?"

"You don't know the full story. Your father did nothing wrong."

"I'll be the judge of that."

"Potpourri?" Pugsley said offering it to Gomez who grabbed a bit and tossed it in his mouth.

"Mmm!" He mused happily.