Chapter 59-Dinner Date?

Tyler came over to the Addams girls and gave them their favourite drinks. Only he'd added an extra surprise.

"Birthday, yes. Happy, never." Wednesday remarked as she saw the words written on her drink.

"Is there anyone Thing didn't tell?" Monday asked.

"Well, who do you think delivered the cake? Yeah, I went with the 98% dark chocolate ganache knowing your... preferred color palette." He noticed two snoods "Oh, are those, uh... that Enid's gifts? It's perfect if you're fleeing a war-torn country on foot."

"Come on." Tyler said "Don't you like a day that's all about you?"

"Every day is all about me." Wednesday told him "This one just comes with cake and a bad song."

"So, if I asked you out to a non-birthday, song-free dinner... would that be something you're interested in?" Tyler asked Wednesday.

"I have a tight deadline. Emphasis on dead."

"Term paper?" Tyler asked.

"It's about how whitewashing the sins of our past will come back to kill us all."

Monday pulled out the little sketch she had done the day before. "Oh. Have you seen that before?" Monday asked noticing Tyler's face.

"Uh... What's that supposed to be?" Tyler asked.

"Never mind." Wednesday said sternly.

"Okay, did... did I do something?" He asked Wednesday "I just feel like ever since we went to the Rave'N, you've kind of been ghosting me."

She looked at him weirdly "Am I wrong?"

She didn't answer him and Monday just sat their in silence. The tension between the two could have been cut by a knife.

"Guess I got my answer."

A customer walked in and signaled to Tyler "Tall, black, two sugars, to go?"

——————————————————

"That threat burned onto the lawn at school, it's also etched on the wall inside Crackstone's crypt." Monday told Sheriff Galpin.

"Don't tell me you've been digging up more bodies."

"There's a connection there. We know it." Wednesday told him.

"I'll put out an APB on the dead pilgrim." Sheriff Galpin said sarcastically.

"I figured since you no longer have an old vendetta to obsess over, you're free to solve some real crime."

"Your father and I buried the hatchet. Maybe you should do the same."

Wednesday glared at him " We don't bury hatchets." She stated "We sharpen them"