Chapter 5-Black Delilahs

Monday and Wednesday went back to their dorm to get everything unpacked and to redecorate their side.

Enid came into the room and looked exasperated "What the hell did you do to my room?" She screamed.

"Dividing our room equally" Wednesday said as if what she was doing was not obvious.

"It looks like a rainbow vomited on your side" Monday told Enid blandly.

"I..." Enid began before being cut off by Wednesday. "Silence would be appreciated. This is our creative time."

"Your creative time?" Enid asked.

"I devote one hour a day to my novel. Monday devotes one hour a day to her drawings and paintings. Perhaps if you did the same your blog would be coherent. I've read serial killer diaries with better punctuation"

"I write in my voice" Enid said strongly. "It's my truth. It's what my followers love"

"Your followers are clearly imbeciles" Wednesday snapped. "They respond to your stories with insipid little pictures"

"Um you mean emojis" Enid corrected. "It's how people express their feelings. I realise that that's a foreign concept to you"

"When we look at you the following emojis come to mind. Rope, Shovel, Hole" the Addams girls said in sync.

"And by the way there are two D's in Addams. If your going to gossip about us at least spell our names correctly." Monday said Enid before finding her sketchbook.

Enid was angry, she went to her side of the room and turned a music player on. The room began to fill with the music of a peppy pop song.

"Turn that off" Wednesday demanded. "This is your final warning" she said standing up.

"Don't mess with me." Enid said with a smirk she twisted her wrist and her nails turned into brightly coloured claws. "This kitty's got claws and I'm not afraid to use them"

Just then the door opened and a woman with red hair walked in.
"Good evening girls" she said Monday looked down and noticed she had red boots on. "Oh, sorry about the mud. I wanted to make sure that Monday and Wednesday were settling in" only then did the teacher sense the tension in the room. "Ah, is this a bad time?" She asked, but no one answered her.

"I'm Miss Thorn-hill your dorm mom. Apologies that I wasn't here to greet you girls when you arrived. I trust Enid has given you the old Nevermore welcome"

"She's been smothering us with hospitality" Wednesday said. "We actually hope to return the favour"

"In her sleep" Monday clarified with a smirk.

Miss Thorn-hill didn't seem that fazed so she handed Monday and Wednesday a plant pot each. "We'll here's a little welcome gift from my conservatory. I try to match the right flower to each of my girls. I read your personal statements in your applications, I immediately thought of this one"

"The black Delilah" Wednesday commented looking at the flowers.

"Oh, you know it?" The dorm mom asked.

"Of course. It's named after my favourite unsolved murder. Thank you" Wednesday said.

"Okey-dokey. Before I leave I want to go over a few house rules." Miss Thorn-hill began to list all the rules.
"Lights off at 10:00, no loud music, no boys, ever"

"What's the story about going into the local town?" Wednesday asked.

"Passes to Jericho are a privilege not a right. It's a brisk 25-minute walk or there's a shuttle on the weekends. The locals are a tad bit wary of Nevermore, so please don't go making any waves, or perpetuating any outcast stereotypes." the teacher replied.

She then looked at each girl in turn and said "That mean keeping your claws to yourself, and not smothering people in their sleep. Are we clear?" The girls nodded "Great talk"