Chapter 35-Confusion

Wednesday came charging int othe Sheriffs office.
"We both know that there's a monster out there. If we're going to stop it, I think it's time we put our differences aside and work together."

Wednesday handed him the picture of the monster.
"And this is your stake for me to deal you in?" Galpin sighed. "I'm sorry, you gotta do better than that. You and your sister got some nice detail though."

"We didn't draw it." Wednesday said.

The sherif looked at her "I need to know who did."

Wednesday looked at him with a blank express "Unless we're exchanging intel, I'm not at liberty to say."

"Why would I share information about an ongoing murder investigation with a high school kid?" The chief asked.

"Because I go to Nevermore and you don't. Don't you want eyes and ears behind those ivy-covered walls?" Wednesday bribed.

"Listen, Velma, why don't you and the Scooby gang stick to your homework and leave investigating to the professionals"

His phone suddenly started to ring.

" What?"

"Mayor Walker's on line two. He's looking for an update." His secretary told him.

"Hey, Addams. Let me see that sketch again." The sheriff said.

"The person who drew this, that your suspect?" Wednesday nodded "When you bring me some concrete evidence, maybe we'll talk."

"Yes, Mayor. Everything's going splendidly."

——————————————————

Monday and Wednesday were sat with Enid in the Weathervane when the mayors son came over.

"Is it okay if I talk to Enid?" Lucas asked.

Enid looked at the girls and reassured them "Don't worry. I can handle him."

Monday and Wednesday moved to another booth.

"Thanks. I'm..."

"Lucas Walker, mayor's son. Recently split from cheer captain, Chrissy Smothers. Cute brunette who needs to rethink her spray tan." Enid said.

"That's kinda scary." Lucas laughed "I have a nose for gossip and I follow half your grade on TikTok. Oh yeah, and my roommates kicked your butt... twice."

"Wednesday and Monday Addams are your roommates?"

"Sure are. I know this isn't a random encounter. So, why are you sitting here, Lucas Walker? You must want something."

"I've got a friend who works at Hawte Kewture. She overheard you and your friend saying you're on the hunt for a date to the Rave'N. Maybe we can help each other out."

——————————————————

"Don't want to ask what trouble you're in now." Tyler said.

"Nothing I can't handle. Your father's in particularly frustrating form today. Avoid." Wednesday told.

"Yeah, welcome to my world. You guys have the Rave'N this weekend, right? It was all the buzz at the Weathervane today." Tyler said.

"I must be the only one not obsessed with this stupid dance."

"So, you're not going?" Tyler asked curiously.

"Actually, I was forced to ask someone as an act of self-preservation. I feel bad though I think Monday jealous because she clearly wanted to go with him and now she doesn't have anyone to go with."

"Sure, that happens, I guess. So, who is it?" Tyler asked.

"Xavier."

"Got it. Hope you two have fun."

Tyler looked upset "I'm not sure why you're upset." Wednesday said.

"That's kind of the problem. I mean, call me crazy, Wednesday, but you keep giving me these signals."

"It's not my fault I can't interpret your emotional Morse code."

"Then let me spell it out. I thought we liked each other, but then you pull something like this, and I have no idea where I stand. Am I in the "more-than-friend zone" or just a pawn in some game you're playing?"

"We're just dealing with a lot right now. I need to prioritise."

"Thanks for clearing that up. I guess, give me a call if I ever move up on your to-do list."