Chapter 11-Crying

The girls got in the car and Principal Weems began to scold them. "Your first day and you're already on Sheriff Galpin's radar. Wish I could say I was surprised."

Wednesday was not listening "What did he mean about our father?"

"I have no idea" the principal admitted. ",but a word of advice. Stop making enemies and start making a few friends. You're going to need them."

They passed by a car crash and Principal Weems looked at it. "Looks like an accident. I hope the driver's okay."
"He's dead." Wednesday said unemotionally.
"Broke his neck." Monday told the principal in an equally melancholy voice.

"How can you tell from this angle?" Principal Weems asked.

The got back to the dorm Monday lord down on her bed as she got a migraine.

Wednesday went outside onto the Window balcony and played the cello.

" No, I don't really feel better." Wednesday said speaking to Thing. "There's just something wrong about this place. Not just because it's a school."

The door opened and Enid turned the light on before going out onto the balcony. Monday groaned and stuck the pillow on her head.

"How the hell did you get that oversized violin out the window?" Enid asked looking at Wednesday extremely confused.

"I had an extra hand." Wednesday told her showing her Thing.

"Whoa. Where's the rest of him?" Enid asked.

"It's one of the great Addams family mysteries." Wednesday said with a finish and walked back into the room.

Monday walked outside and heard howling. "Why aren't you wolfing out?" She asked Enid.

Enid looked down "Because I can't." She moved her hand and released her claws. "It's all I got. My mom says some wolves are late bloomers, but I've been to the best Lycanologist. I had to fly to Milwaukee, would you believe it? Yeah, she says there's a chance I may never... you know." Enid explained.

"What happens then?" Monday asked with a slight change in her tone.

"I'd become a lone wolf."

"Sounds perfect."

"Are you kidding me? My life would be officially over. I'd be kicked out of my family pack with no prospect of finding a mate."

"I could die alone." Enid added sadly.

"We all die alone, Enid."

"You really suck at this. Cheering people up." Enid cried shakily.

Mondays eyes widened "Why are you crying?"

"Because I'm upset! Haven't you ever cried, or are you above that too?"

There was a long silence before Monday sighed.

"It was the week after Halloween. I was six years old. I took Wednesdays pet scorpion, Nero, out for his afternoon stroll, and we were ambushed. They wondered what kind of freak would have a scorpion for a pet."

Monday looked down ashamed "Two of them held me down and made me watch...while the others ran Nero over until..."

Enid stared at Monday. This was the most emotion either of the Addams girls had shown. "I brought Nero's body home. Wednesday was so angry at me. It was snowing when she buried what was left of him. She cried her little black heart out. But tears don't fix anything. So instead she began to ignore me she would never actually hurt me physically so she did it mentally. She made me regret every day of my life. I used to cry so much especially since Wednesday was always the favourite, she would always get away with it. So I vowed to never do it again and soon after I earned her respect and Wednesday forgave me."

Enid just stared at Monday "Your secret's safe with me. Still think you're weird as sh¡t, though."

Monday gave Enid a real smile. "The feeling is incredibly mutual."

Wednesday came back to the window "How would you like your single room back?" She said, Wednesday had been making another plan.

"You just need to show me how to use your computer." Enid nodded and Wednesday explained the plan.

——————————————————

Thing made his way over to Tyler's house and knocked on his bedroom window.
"Holy shit!" Tyler exclaimed.

He slowly let Thing into his room. Thing immediately went to the computer and tried to turn it on.

"Okay. Okay, I'm taking orders from a hand. This isn't weird at all." Tyler said more to himself than the hand.

Video call turned on and Wednesday and Mondays face showed up.

"Uh... hi." He said he pointed at thing.

"That's Thing." Monday told him.

"Is he, like, your pet?" Tyler asked.

Thing was offended at flipped him off. "He's sensitive."

"Look," Tyler said "I know Nevermore is ground zero for all things weird, but this is next-level."

Tyler began to recollect his thoughts. "So, what happened to not wanting to be slaves to technology?"

"Desperate times. Are you still willing to help us escape?" Monday asked hopefully.

Tyler smiled "After what happened today, I figured they'd have you in solitary."

Monday gave a small barley noticeable smile. "There's the Harvest Festival this weekend. Attendance is mandatory. Were going to use it as a cover."

"If you're willing to drive us to the station, I can make it worth your while." Wednesday bribed.

"I'm in." He added "And no charge. Consider it a freebie."

"Why?" Monday asked trying not to show any interest.

"Cause I wish I was going with you. At least some of us will get out of this hellhole town." Tyler said with a small and sad smile.