Chapter 64-Alone

"You both directly violated my explicit order and left campus during a lockdown. Not to mention putting your peers and yourselves in danger."

"Which is grounds for expulsion. I know. And you have every right to exercise that option." Monday said sorrowfully.

Wednesday looked at Principal Weems "I do believe it would be a grave error on your part."

Weems gave a disbelieving scoff "I think contrition might be in order right now, Miss Addams. Not hubris."

"I'll never apologize for trying to uncover a truth."

Wednesday placed the picture in front of Weems .
Weems asked "What is this?"

"It's a warning from Rowan." Monday said not looking at Weems.

"Is this why he tried to kill you?" The principal asked.

"His mother drew it before she died. Said I was destined to destroy the school. But I think I'm meant to save it." Monday said quietly.

"Now you know what's at stake. Everything you vowed to protect, no less. I think we deserve another chance. Please." Wednesday negotiated.

Weems sighed "One more infraction... One more step out of line and you will be expelled. No ifs, no buts."

"Enid and Xavier are spared as well." Monday said hopefully.

"And no more negotiation. Good night."

——————————————————

"Where are you going?" Monday asked noticing Enid had packed her bags.

"Yoko's room. Thorn-hill said I could crash there for a few nights." Enid explained not looking at either of the girls.

"There's no need. We spoke with Weems. You and Xavier won't be punished." Wednesday said.

"Am I supposed to thank you?" Enid asked sarcastically.

"I already apologized. It's over."
Wednesday atgued.

"Over? Tonight was the icing on the birthday cake you couldn't even be bothered to cut. You'll use anyone to get what you want, even if it means putting them in danger. We could have died tonight because of your stupid obsession." Enid yelled.

"But we didn't." Monday told Enid calmly.

"And now I'm one step closer to solving this case. That is what is important." Wednesday clarified.

"I've tried really, really, really hard to be your friend. Always put myself out there." Enid explained. Mondays heart cracked to see her best friend like this. "Thought of your feelings. Told people, "I know they give off serial killer vibes, but they're just shy.""

"I never asked you to do that." Wednesday told her sternly.

"You didn't have to because that's what friends do! They don't have to be asked. The fact that you don't know that says everything. You want to be alone, Wednesday and Monday? Be alone." Enid yelled and slammed the door.

Monday sighed. "I need some air. And with that Monday left to.

——————————————————

Goody warned I was destined to be alone. Maybe it's inevitable. But for the first time in my life, it doesn't feel good. There's also something else. A gnawing feeling. That death is close at hand. Watching me. But I won't be intimidated. And I will never give up. That house. That family. Crackstone. The monster. Somehow Me and Monday. We all seem to be connected like a spider's web. And when Mayor Walker got too close to the truth, he was silenced. But I won't be. So whoever's watching me, know this. I will find you.