Chapter 28-The Old Meeting House

"I thought you were supposed to be at Pilgrim World." Xavier asked as he saw Mondays sister walk into the Weathervane.

"I deserted it while my sanity was still intact." Wednesday said.

"Oh yeah? You want a coffee? It's one of the many perks of this wonderful assignment." Xavier said.

"I'm actually here for Tyler and Monday." Wednesday said.

Xavier frowned "Shouldn't be hard they've been together most of the day. I told you both that he was bad news. Twice."

"But who we speak to is our business."

"You rang?"Tyler said running out of the back room with Monday.

Xavier glared at the pair and scoffed before walking away.

"Want the usual?" Monday asked with a slowly fading smile.

"And some help." She turned to Tyler "You know the original pilgrim meeting house, the one from the 1600s? You know if it's still around?"

"What's left is out in Cobham Woods, but it's pretty much a ruin." Tyler explained.

"Show me." Wednesday said pulling out a map.

Tyler dragged his fingertip around until "Uh... There, but, look, it's kind of sketchy. Squatters and meth heads use that place as a crash pad. My dad has it cleared out every couple weeks."

"What's this about?" Monday asked confused.

"Nothing." Wednesday told Tyler Monday walked over and Wednesday whispered into her ear and Mondays eyes widened.

"You're becoming obsessed with this monster in the woods thing." Tyler said guessing.

"Would you rather we develop an obsession with horses and boy bands?" Monday said sarcastically.

"Thank you for the help."

"Hey, listen, the ruins are kind of tricky to find. I could take you this afternoon. My shift ends at 2:00."

"Principal Weems would hang, draw and quarter us if we miss the big statue dedication." Monday told him.

"And as enticing as that sounds, We'd prefer to keep low profiles. Besides, I know my way around the great outdoors." Wednesday said.

Tyler laughed "Don't tell me you were Girl Scouts."

"I could eat Girl Scouts for breakfast." Wednesday snapped.

"We have an uncle who went to prison for that." Monday remarked.

——————————————————
IN THE FOREST AT THE OLD MEETING HOUSE

Thing jumped out of Wednesdays bag "I was expecting more too." She said.

"Who you talking to, little girls?" A bushy haired man asked.

"Use "little" and "girls" to address us again and I can't guarantee your safety."

"This is my place. Get out!" He said charging at them.

"Thing, a hand here?" Thing jumped out at the man.

The man exclaimed "Hey!"

Thing's grip constricted the mans air supply and the man grunted as he tried to pull thing off him.

"Hey!" He exclaimed grunting again "Get off! Get off me!" The man ran off throwing thing off him.

"There's nothing here." Wednesday said. Thing began tapping stuff.

"No, I can't just touch something." Wednesday said "My visions seem to happen spontaneously."

Think tapped again " I would rather dye my hair pink than ask mother for advice."