Chapter 3-The Tour and Gossip

"Nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us. Outcasts, freaks,monsters, fill up your marginalised groups here." Enid explained as she gave the girls a tour.

"You can save the sanitized sales pitch" Monday said sarcastically. "We don't plan on staying here for long"

"Why not?" Enid asked

"This was our parents idea"Wednesday said "Oh there she is smirking at us" she said pointing at a picture of their mother as captain of the fencing team.

"They've been looking for every excuse to send us here" Monday told Enid.

"It's all part of their nefarious but completely obviously plan" Wednesday remarked.

"What plan?"

"To turn us into versions of themselves" they said synchronised.

"In that case perhaps you can clear something up." Enid paused waiting for one of the girls to ask. "Rumours been going around that you killed a kid at your old school and your parents pulled strings to get you off"

"Actually it was two kids but who's counting" Monday said with a smirk.

Enid look worried but then carried on with the tour. "Welcome to the quad" Enid announced.

"It's a pentagon" Wednesday said with a slight hint of curiosity.

"The whole snarky Goth Girl thing might have worked at norm is school, but here things are different" Enid told them. "Let me give you a Wiki on Nevermore's social scene"

"We're not interested in participating in tribal adolescent cliches." Monday told Enid.

"Well then use it to fill your obviously bottomless pits of disdain" Enid replied annoyed.

"There are many flavours of outcasts here but the four mains types of cliques are Fangs, Furs, Stoners and Scales" Enid explained as the three began to walk and talk.

"Those are Fangs ,AKA vampires. Some of them have literally been here for decades" Enid gestured to a group of people in a bench "Those are the Furs ,AKA Werewolves. Like me"

"Full moons get pretty loud around here. That's when Furs wolf out. I'd suggest picking up noise cancelling headphones" Enid advised with a humorous smile.

"I'm assuming scales are sirens" said Monday.

"You catch on quick" Enid responded.

"And that girl, Bianca Barclay, is the closest thing Nevermore has to royalty. Although lately her crown has been slipping. She used to date our resident tortured artist Xavier Thorpe. But they broke up at the beginning of the semester. Reason unknown." Enid gossiped.

"Fascinating" Monday said.

"I know right." Enid said happily not realising that Monday had been using a sarcastic tone. "My vlog is like the number one source for Nevermore gossip"

Enid had just stopped talking when a tall boy with a blue beanie ran up to her. He clearly didn't notice that Wednesday and Monday were there.

"Yo Enid! Your not gonna believe the dirt I just heard about your new roommates. They eat human flesh. Chomped down in that kid they murdered. You better watch your back." The boy continued until Enid looked down awkwardly and moved out of the way and the boy saw the other girls.

"Quite the contrary. We actually fillet the bodies of our victims then feed them to our menagerie of pets" Wednesday said staring him down.

"Ajax, these are my new roommates Monday and Wednesday" Enid introduced.

"Whoa. You're in black and white. Like a living Instagram filter" Enid shooed him away before turning back to the girls.

"Ignore him. Gorgons spend way to much time getting stoned. He's cute but clueless. It's a small school there isn't much about you two. You should really get on Insta, Snapchat or TikTok"

"I find social media to be a soul-sucking void of meaningless affirmation" Wednesday commented the disgust in her voice noticeable even to Enid.