Chapter 53-Shape Shifter

Wednesday glared at her parents as they closed in on her "Don't push it."

Gomez gave a sigh "Well, at least we can't say Parents' Weekend wasn't a nail-biter."

"I knew you didn't have what it takes to be a murderer." Wednesday said.

"As much as that stings, gracias, my little death traps. Mwah." Gomez said before getting into the car.

"As I leafed through the pages of this yearbook, I was reminded of all the wonderful times I had here. But they were just that. Mine. You have your own path to blaze. I don't want to be a stranger in your lives, darlings. If you need me for anything, anything at all, I'm only a crystal ball away."

Monday smiled "Thank you, Mother."

——————————————————

Monday knew she had one more stop before she could go back to her dorm.

She walked into Principal Weems's office. "I knew it. I did witness Rowan getting murdered that night."

"Excuse me?" Weems asked.

"When Rowan appeared the next morning, it was you." Monday threw the Yearbook in front of her. "When you participated in the talent show, not only did you impersonate Judy Garland, you became her. You're a shape-shifter."

Principal Weems scoffed "That's a fascinating theory."

"I'm curious to find out how Sheriff Galpin feels when I tell him."

"You won't tell a soul, Miss Addams. And it wouldn't matter much if you did. Rowan's father already knows what happened, and he fully supports my decision not to involve the authorities."

"Why would he agree to that?" Monday asked confused.

"Because Rowan was not in his right mind. His telekinetic abilities were driving him mad and he attempted to murder you twice. His tragic death allowed us to rectify the situation without casting the school or Rowan in an unflattering light."

Monday looked at her disgusted "You and Mayor Walker are the same, aren't you? Burying bodies to cover your dirty secrets."

Weems stood up angrily "I did what I needed to do to shield this school from controversy and protect its students from harm."

"Tell that to Eugene. How are you protecting him?" Monday yelled back.

Suddenly they heard a clamour outside and people yelling.

"What on earth?" Weems said as they looked out of the window and saw the words

FIRE WILL REIGN

Burned into the grass.