Chapter 71-Information

"Come with me. I have information about Mayor Walker's murder. Printed these off my dad's computer" Tyler said.

He handed Wednesday a file "Seems he was trying to track down someone. Laurel Gates? Looks like he started right after Outreach Day. Must have recognized her there."

Wednesday began to read the file and try and connect the dots. "According to British police, Laurel was presumed drowned, but no body was ever recovered. The Gates mansion was purchased a year ago by a 90-year-old candy heiress. She then mysteriously died and gave all of her belongings to her caregiver, Teresa L. Glau. It's an anagram for Laurel Gates. Laurel secretly buys her old house and then comes back to Jericho as someone else."

"Why?" Tyler asked.

"Revenge on all the people she blames for her family's misfortunes. Your father. The coroner. My parents. Most of all, Nevermore."

"How does the monster fit into all of this?" Tyler asked confused.

"The monster is a Hyde. It's doing Laurel's bidding. She controls it." Wednesday explained.

"You know who Laurel is, don't you?" Tyler said

——————————————————-

"Wednesday, we don't have an appointment scheduled today." Kimbott asked as Wednesday walked in.

"I wanted to return something." Wednesday said.

Kinbott looked confused as Wednesday pulled out an old music box. "Uh..."

"I found it in your old childhood room. I know you're Laurel Gates, and you've come back to Jericho to seek your revenge. And so did Mayor Walker, which is why you had to kill him. Who better to slide in and out of the hospital undetected than a psychiatrist under the guise of visiting another patient?"

Dr Kimbott was shocked "You're not actually accusing me of murdering the mayor?"

"The roses you left in Eugene's room were your mistake. They're the same variety I found near your childhood bed." Wednesday explained.

"I honestly have no idea what you're talking about." Kimbott said worriedly.

"There's only one reason an overqualified psychiatrist like yourself would settle in the inconsequential backwater that is Jericho. It allowed you to crawl through the troubled, young minds of outcasts until you found one that you can manipulate to exact your revenge."

"You know what? I don't have time to deal with your delusional fantasies. I have a patient emergency." Kimbott said gathering her stuff trying to leave.

"Who? Xavier? I know all about the secret sessions you've been holding in your car. I also found the cave where you've been holding sessions to unlock his Hyde."

"You are so out of line." Dr Limbott told her.

"Do you know how violently unpredictable a Hyde can be? It was your plan to have Xavier committed before he could turn on you too." Wednesday guessed.

Kimbott sighed sadly "Wednesday, you need help. More help than I can give you."

"Who you calling? Xavier?" Wednesday asked.

"Judge Reynolds. I'm going to recommend you stay in a juvenile psychiatric facility." Kimbott said in a worried voice.

"Oh, please. You and I both know I'd be running that place in a week. Time's up, Laurel."

Wednesday walked out of the room leaving Dr Kimbott by herself.

"Principal Weems, it's Valerie Kinbott. Wednesday Addams just barged into my office." Kimbott said over the phone.

"I wasn't aware that Wednesday had a session today." Weems replied.

"She didn't, and her behavior was completely irrational." Suddenly Kimbott heard some glass shattering.

"Dr. Kinbott?" Weems asked. "Dr. Kinbott?"

Suddenly Weems heard snarls coming from the phone and Kimbotts scream echoing down the phone line.