Chapter 16-Clubs

"Weems said you'd be stopping by." Bianca said "But to be honest, after your performance at the Harvest Festival, drama club might be more your speed." She mocked Monday.

"After she passed out, who did you tell? The sheriff?" Wednesday asked.

"You think I'd trust normie cops? I went straight to Weems and let her handle it. Anyway, let's get this audition over with. What are you? Alto, soprano or just loco?"

While the choir laughed Monday and Wednesday looked at each other with matching smirks. The two began to sing but no sound was audibly heard until the pianists glasses shattered.

"Huh?"

"What was that?" Bianca asked.

"A note only dogs can hear." The girls said but they were ignored as the choir continued to sing.

Next they walked down to archery club.
"Huh. You actually showed up. Ever shot a bow and arrow before?" Xavier asked the girls.

"Only on live targets." Wednesday replied.

"Okay. Square stance. Load the arrow like this, yellow side out. Three fingers. Pull back and... let it fly." Xavier demonstrated and nearly completely missed the target. "Any questions?" He asked.

Wednesday ignored the fact they were supposed to be asking about archery "When's the last time you saw your roommate Rowan?"

Xavier looked at Wednesday "You mean the one that was killed by a monster?" Wednesday nodded "The Harvest Festival. I haven't talked to him since. But his side of the room was all packed this morning. Rowan's always been a little off, but, uh, the last couple weeks he's been more erratic. You know, telekinesis can mess with your head, you know." Xavier noticed the girls staring curiously.

"He's... It started to freak me out. So what's the deal with you and Tyler?"

Monday looked at Xavier. "I'm sorry, were you two the only ones who got to ask non-archery questions?"

"There is no deal. He was doing us a favor driving us out of town." Monday explained.

"Yeah, word of advice. Steer clear." Xavier said with a scoff.

"Why?" Wednesday asked.

"Because he's a normie? Tyler and his friends are jerks. They can't stand that this school's propping up their Podunk town." Xavier said harshly.

"Says the boy whose life was served on a silver platter." Wednesday told him.

"Hey, girls in glass houses..."Xavier began

"Should throw bigger stones." Monday finished "At least I'm not an elitist snob."

Monday drew the bow string back and lined up the target and shot. It was a bullseye.

"Ouch." Xavier said in mock hurt.