Chapter 9-The Fisrt Therapy Session

"I read the notes from your school counsellor" The therapist said carefully.

Monday smirked "Mrs. Bronstein. She had a nervous breakdown after our last session and had to take a six-month sabbatical."

The therapist smiled and gestured towards the sofa. "Go ahead and take a seat. How did you feel about that?"

"Vindicated." Wednesday said "But someone who crochets for a hobby isn't a worthy adversary."

"Adversary?" The therapist questioned, "I hope we can forge a relationship based on trust and mutual respect."

Monday scoffed "This is a safe space, Wednesday and Monday. A sanctuary where we can discuss anything. What you're thinking, feeling, your views on the world, personal philosophy."

"That's easy." Monday commented "I think that this is a waste of time. We see the world as a place that must be endured, and our personal philosophy is kill or be killed."

"So, for instance, when someone bullies your brother, your response is to dump piranhas in the pool." The therapist asked curiously.

"You know the old saying, never bring a knife to a sword fight." Wednesday told her.

"Unless it's concealed." Monday added.

The therapist seemed slightly fazed "Point is, you assaulted a boy, and showed no remorse for your actions. That's why you're here. He lost a testicle."

"We did the world a favor. People like Dalton shouldn't procreate." Monday said.

"We've answered all your questions."

The therapist shook her head. "We're not done yet. Therapy is a valuable tool to help you understand yourself. It can teach you new ways to deal with your emotions. It can also help you build a life that you want."

"We know the life that we want." Wednesday snapped.

"Tell me about it. Everything said in these sessions is strictly confidential. Do your plans involve becoming an author or an artist? I understand you've written three novels about a teen girl detective, Viper De La Muerte. And from what I understand you draw pictures of Viper, Monday. Can you tell me about her?"

"Viper is smart, perceptive, chronically misunderstood." Monday explained.

"Any luck getting your work published?" Kinbott asked.

"Editors are short-sighted, fear-based life forms. One once described my writing and Mondays sketches as gratuitously morbid, and suggested we seek psychiatric help." Wednesday told her.

Dr Kinbott sighed "Hmm. Ironic, isn't it? How did you take that?"

Monday let a small smile play on her lips. "She sent her a "thank you.". We've always been open to constructive criticism.

"I'm glad to hear that. Because I was sent the manuscripts as part of your psych evaluation. The relationship I found most intriguing was that of Viper and her mother, Dominica. Why don't we dig into that? Part of this journey requires us going to uncomfortable places emotionally."

"We don't travel well. Would you mind if we use the powder room first?" Wednesday asked seemingly innocently.

——————————————————

When the girls got to the bathroom the real plan began. Monday accidentally knocked something over.

"Wednesday? Monday? Is everything okay?" Dr Kimbott asked rather worriedly. When she got no reply she told them "You can't hide for the rest of the session"

"We're  all right. Just preparing ourselves for our uncomfortable journey." Wednesday lied.

"Nail file." Monday whispered.

They used the nail file Thing handed to them and escaped though the bathroom window. Dr Kimbott and Principal Weems were completely unaware.