Chapter 72-Arrested

Xavier scoffed as he saw Wednesday "You know what? You need to stay out of my space."

"You need to take your own advice." Wednesday said as she pulled out the dagger "You left that in my room. Actually, you left it in Thing. How long have you been seeing Kinbott?"

"Have you...? What am I saying? Of course you have. You've been spying on me, right? 'Cause I'm the villain in your fantasy." Xavier sighed before explaining "My father thinks that my mental health is a PR problem that he needs to manage. He wanted to keep his troubled son out of the tabloids. I wasn't in your room. Believe me or don't believe me, I don't care."

"Your painting's been improving." Wednesday remarked as she saw the painting of Dr Kimbott dead "I enjoy this one in particular. Feels like you really lived it."

"What do you want?" Xavier asked annoyed.

"I'm asking the questions. What is Rowan's inhaler doing in your shed? Or Eugene's glasses? Whoa, whoa. Or these stalker images you took of me?" Wednesday said pulling each of the items out of his desk.

"No. I..." Xavier tried to say before Wednesday interrupted again.
"Don't forget your latest addition. Kinbott's necklace."

"Somebody planted that stuff!" Xavier told her.

Suddenly Sheriff Galpin burst in with some officers and Monday by his side "Freeze! Drop the knife. Down on your knees. Cuff him. You have the right to remain silent."

"What?" Xavier asked. He looked at Monday "Monday what's going on?"

Monday turned away and refused to look him on the eye.

"Anything you say can and will be used against you in court. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney one will be appointed."

The Sheriff nodded at the girls "Appreciate the help, Addams."

Those words sent Xavier into a fit of fury "You! You framed me! I'm being set up. I shoulda let Rowan kill you." Xavier yelled as he was dragged away.

——————————————————

"Hey." Enid said walking into the dorm with her bags.

"You're back." Wednesday said.

Enid looked around the trashed room "I'm gone for a few days, the place gets trashed, and Thing almost dies. Someone's gotta look out for you two."

"What happened to rooming with Yoko?" Monday asked.

"Yoko's great. I just decided I needed a few more boundaries." Enid went to pick the tape up from the windowsill.

"Skip the tape." Wednesday said.

"Don't tell me Wednesday Addams is mellowing out."

"Never. More like evolving." Wednesday told her.

"Well, one inch of duct tape at a time." Monday said happily.

"Why the sudden change of heart?" Enid asked curiously.

"Because we work. We shouldn't, but we do. It's like some sort of weird, friendship anomaly. Everything you said about me is true. But I don't apologize for it. Not anymore. It's just who I am.

"Thing said he missed you." Wednesday told her.

"I missed him too." Enid turned and came and sat with Monday on the bed "I'm sorry about Xavier."

"I'm not. He's a liar and a killer" Monday said angrily.

"Besides... there's nothing quite like the feeling of being proven right." Wednesday added.

"Except maybe someone to share it with." Enid sighed excitedly "Thing may have blabbed about your date with Tyler. So how'd it go?"

"It was interrupted." Wednesday said.

"Well, I heard Tyler's working the late shift..." Enid told her.